The Normal Life Again

Who: Ryan Harris Wesley Harris
Port: Ventura, California
16 January 2012 | Ventura, California
16 January 2012 | Ventura, California
16 January 2012 | Ventura, California
16 January 2012 | Ventura, California
15 January 2012 | Ventura, California
15 January 2012 | Ventura, California
14 January 2012 | Ventura, California

Middle School Finale

14 January 2012 | Ventura, California
Ryan Harris
Upon arriving to Ventura we had a two days of leisure time and spent it meeting our family and had a memorable return party hosted on our boat before going to Cabrillo Middle School to spend the last few weeks of the final quarter before Summer break. The first week at Cabrillo was a great reunion. We caught up with all of our friends whom we hadn't seen in months. All were very eager to hear our experiences as much as my brother and I were eager to hear what we had missed that year. Before we could get in deep conversation the school bell had rang and we were off to class. We started our first day at Cabrillo in first period with a small party with treats given by fellow classmates. It was surprising to see how many people had missed us. Many wanted to hear of our adventures throughout the world and it was difficult saying them over and over again. Eventually one student (whose name slips my memory at this moment) suggested that we do a PowerPoint of our trip like we had done a few years before in 6th grade. My brother and I turned the suggestion into reality. It was hard to find time to create the slideshow due to the ending year; many teachers had presented projects in a majority of the classes. Over the next few weeks we managed to complete it, despite book reports and science projects. When we completed our PowerPoint of our trip we were stumped on where we would present it. Some suggested to present during class time, but since it was nearing the end of the year many teachers couldn't find time for us. I presented my issue to the principal, who was a family friend, and she said during lunch we could present to students who were willing to listen. We set up a date and after practicing it multiple times we were ready. As the presentation was about to begin, we figured only a few people would fill up the classroom, which would mostly be our friends. To our surprise approximately fifty people crammed into the room and we began. The slideshow barely finished before the bell rang. Many students were still curious and apparently many students spoke about it that we presented it one more time. That was the highlight of the quarter while the low point was that I (Ryan) received my first B+ in Algebra I, because two after our enrollment in Cabrillo my brother and I received a test that was further along then what we had studied on the boat. Summer arrived, and it was time for the first summer that we didn't have plans for... Which was a novel concept for the Harris family.
Comments
Hailing Port: Ventura, California
Crew: Ryan Harris Wesley Harris

The Normal Life Again

Who: Ryan Harris Wesley Harris
Port: Ventura, California