A' Bientot Adventures

The Pirates' Silver Passage

28 April 2011 | Fort Lauderdale
25 April 2011 | Matt Lowe Cay
23 April 2011 | The Abacos
22 April 2011 | Green Turtle Cay
20 April 2011 | Abacos
18 April 2011 | Abacos
18 April 2011 | Egg Island
14 April 2011 | Sampson Cay
09 April 2011 | Staniel Cay
08 April 2011 | O'Brien Cay
04 April 2011 | Hawksbill to O'Brien Cay
01 April 2011 | Just off of Nassau
26 March 2011 | Hawk's Nest
25 March 2011 | Cat Island
23 March 2011 | Cat Island
19 March 2011 | Galliott Bay
15 March 2011 | Warderick Wells
14 March 2011 | Havana
13 March 2011 | Havana
09 March 2011

Kids Afloat

01 April 2011 | Just off of Nassau
linda
Our children, Matt, Jenny and their three sons—8 year old William, 10 year old Nick, and 13 year old Joseph—joined us for a week of sailing on A Bientot. They flew into Nassau on AirTran, arriving on time and ready for an action packed visit. We prepared for the visit by provisioning with as much as our freezer, pantry and reefer could hold, but even so, we will be limited since there will be no where between Nassau and Staniel Cay to purchase more food and supplies. Gary began the visit with an introductory snorkeling course for all in the Nassau Harbor Club pool. After the certification, the boys explored the docks and saw some truly magnificent yachts—many five times the size of our good vessel. We departed the next day under heavy winds—fortunately everyone had taken Dramamine and/or wore Transderm patches. Although the winds reached over 30 mph and the seas were over 8 feet, everyone was fairly comfortable. Our first stop was a gorgeous secluded anchorage near Allan Cay where we were the only boat in the lagoon. The kids snorkeled from the boat to shore where iguanas crept out of the brush to meet them. On the agenda for the week are the always popular swimming pigs of Big Majors, Thunderball Grotto, O’Brien Cay and Exuma Park drift snorkeling and Johnny Depp’s Island beach. We will try to fit in some fishing—perhaps a Mahi Mahi!
Comments
Vessel Name: A' Bientot
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 380
Hailing Port: Portsmouth, NH
Crew: Gary and Linda Pauly, Patty and Tom Waier
About: Too many two week charters. We wanted to spend more than a night or two in really great Caribbean anchorages. Whiskey for the guys and wine for the girls oiled the decision to buy a boat and do it before our bones got too old to pass muster.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/abientot

Gang of Four

Who: Gary and Linda Pauly, Patty and Tom Waier
Port: Portsmouth, NH