A' Bientot Adventures

The Pirates' Silver Passage

28 April 2011 | Fort Lauderdale
25 April 2011 | Matt Lowe Cay
23 April 2011 | The Abacos
22 April 2011 | Green Turtle Cay
20 April 2011 | Abacos
18 April 2011 | Abacos
18 April 2011 | Egg Island
14 April 2011 | Sampson Cay
09 April 2011 | Staniel Cay
08 April 2011 | O'Brien Cay
04 April 2011 | Hawksbill to O'Brien Cay
01 April 2011 | Just off of Nassau
26 March 2011 | Hawk's Nest
25 March 2011 | Cat Island
23 March 2011 | Cat Island
19 March 2011 | Galliott Bay
15 March 2011 | Warderick Wells
14 March 2011 | Havana
13 March 2011 | Havana
09 March 2011

A Bientot to the Cambios

09 April 2011 | Staniel Cay
MiMi and PaPa
We said farewell to Jenny, Matt, Joe, Nick and Will after an action packed wrap up tour of Big Majors, Fowl Cay, Thunderball Grotto, and Staniel Cay by golf cart. The night prior to our dive at Thunderball, the kids watched the 007 movie (vintage 1965) and deemed it rather lame, Even so, they were still in awe of the under water cavern and even identified the rocky ledge where Sean Connery perched in a final scene of the film. The beach hike at Staniel was a hit as we climbed the rocky ledges overlooking the Atlantic Ocean with the surf crashing below. We added rocks to the many cairns along the way, sending our own thoughts and prayers as is the custom. Of special note was the shark feeding at the fish cleaning station on our last evening. Over 15 6-8 foot sharks and several large rays swarmed the dock area to claim bits of offal, providing entertainment for the kids. Early the next morning, the 16 passenger "island hopper" arrived appropriately on island time and the Cambios all boarded for Nassau and then back to 32 degree Milwaukee. We hope the time shared on A Bientot will be the basis for dreams of sailing, snorkeling, dinghying and the unique array of flora and fauna from the sea.
Comments
Vessel Name: A' Bientot
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 380
Hailing Port: Portsmouth, NH
Crew: Gary and Linda Pauly, Patty and Tom Waier
About: Too many two week charters. We wanted to spend more than a night or two in really great Caribbean anchorages. Whiskey for the guys and wine for the girls oiled the decision to buy a boat and do it before our bones got too old to pass muster.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/abientot

Gang of Four

Who: Gary and Linda Pauly, Patty and Tom Waier
Port: Portsmouth, NH