About Time - on the Chesapeake

22 September 2008 | Havre de Grace, MD
29 August 2008
01 August 2008 | Havre de Grace, MD
11 July 2008 | Havre de Grace, MD
23 June 2008 | Havre de Grace, MD
09 June 2008 | Havre de Grace,MD
23 January 2008 | Baltimore,MD

First Solo Sail

23 June 2008 | Havre de Grace, MD
Well we solo'ed today.

The photo is from the HDGYC

HDGYC Lighting Races - Thursday Nights

Well the wind did more of the same as it did during my class. It was HOT HOT HOT out there. But there were only a few people out, so it was a great way to get my wife out for the first time. She did great and picked up handling the sheets after a few tacks. She took the helm also and executed a few tacks and gybes herself.

It was funny around 11:30a the wind went away totally and we did some bobbing. At that time the BaySail class boat decided to take lunch. We stuck it out and right after they docked the breeze kicked up while they were at lunch. We joked that they should have taken a longer lunch!! We had a great run down to the G17 buoy.

The wind died down around 1:30p and we decided to call it a day as the threat of storms was looming so we picked up the mooring (another first for us and we did it on our second try..). Right then the wind filled in from the South, but we were hot, tired and hungry by then. So we got changed, ate, and took a little tour of Havre de Grace.

Great vacation day...
Comments
Vessel Name: About Time
Hailing Port: York,PA
Crew: The Family...
About: Me, my wife, and our three children (4,6,14)
Extra: Sailing on the bay!!!

About US

Who: The Family...
Port: York,PA