ADASTRA'S ADVENTURES

30 April 2014 | Bradenton, FL
17 August 2012
08 August 2012 | Dewey,Culebra
25 July 2012 | El Yunque, PR
25 July 2012 | Fajardo, Puerto Rico
25 July 2012 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
25 July 2012 | Anegada, BVI
25 July 2012 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
25 July 2012 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
18 June 2012 | Cane Garden Bay, BVI
23 May 2012 | Samana
20 May 2012 | Luperon, DR
17 May 2012 | Luperon, DR
05 May 2012 | Rum Cay
02 May 2012
26 April 2012 | Georgetown, Exuma
22 April 2012 | Georgetown, Exuma
15 April 2012 | Black Point, Great Exuma Island
08 April 2012 | Nassau Bahamas

The Adventure Continues

18 June 2012 | Cane Garden Bay, BVI
Judy
Wow….Finally good enough internet access to post something! We are at anchor in Cane Garden Bay, Tortola, BVI. Just as beautiful as I remember. Yesterday we took a tour of the island bars with a friend of Silvio and Varina’s, finally saw the Bomba Shack, and Bomba himself. Quite a unique place and I can’t wait to come back for the full moon party. We also met Rudy, the sharp dressed owner of Rudy’s Bar, where I was a little wary of falling through the floor to rocks and sea below!
Let’s see, my last post had us in Samana, DR. Since then, we have traveled to Puerto Rico. Puerto Real, Boqueron, and Ponce. Lost our dinghy between Boqueron and Ponce, had to rent a car and travel to San Juan to replace it and the motor.  Boqueron was a great little town with a nice anchorage. Check the gallery for lots of pics.
Onto to Dewey, Culebra, SVI. Stayed a few days in Dewey, had laundry done, waited for a part for Blues Breaker. We decided to go to Isla Culebrita, just a short sail away. It was a Sunday, and the anchorage was pristine and very, very crowded. Not to worry, though, by late afternoon the monster power boats had all returned home and left us in peace and postcard like surroundings. We climbed the mountain to the lighthouse, well worth the hot and sticky hike. Great view from the top. Bob and I snorkeled and I was attacked by sea urchins! Visited the “Jacuzzis” with Leo. Culebrita is still my favorite anchorage, but I am looking forward to searching for a better one!
From Culebrita, we sailed to Jost Van Dyke, BVI. Anchored in Great Harbor and had dinner at Foxy’s. Now at Cane Garden Bay…….laundry and boat chores today, tomorrow we plan to sail to the Indians, do some snorkeling, (try out the new waterproof camera) and just relax some more!!
Comments
Vessel Name: ADASTRA
Vessel Make/Model: 1988 Morgan Classic
Hailing Port: Cortez,FL
Crew: Captains Bob & Judy Wakelam
About: DELIVERY AND CHARTER CAPTAINS SAILING THE CARIBBEAN

TWO IF BY SEA

Who: Captains Bob & Judy Wakelam
Port: Cortez,FL