ADASTRA'S ADVENTURES

30 April 2014 | Bradenton, FL
17 August 2012
08 August 2012 | Dewey,Culebra
25 July 2012 | El Yunque, PR
25 July 2012 | Fajardo, Puerto Rico
25 July 2012 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
25 July 2012 | Anegada, BVI
25 July 2012 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
25 July 2012 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
18 June 2012 | Cane Garden Bay, BVI
23 May 2012 | Samana
20 May 2012 | Luperon, DR
17 May 2012 | Luperon, DR
05 May 2012 | Rum Cay
02 May 2012
26 April 2012 | Georgetown, Exuma
22 April 2012 | Georgetown, Exuma
15 April 2012 | Black Point, Great Exuma Island
08 April 2012 | Nassau Bahamas

Esperanza, Vieques

17 August 2012
Judy
Culebra to Ensenada Honda..an islolated bay which is a great hurricane hole. Not much to see, but the water is a bit bioluminescent, and no boats other than the Jseppis and Adastra were anchored. Bob, Leo and I wnet fishing off the dinghy, whcih meant I drove and Bob fished. Oh, and Leo jumped off the dinghy. I killed to motor and caught him by his ear, but I'm certain he hasn't leaned any lessons. When we take him to the beach, he rides on the front of the dink and jumps out when we are close. Good thing he stays in the cockpit when we sail.

From Ensenada Honda, we sailed to Ensenada Sun Bay, a beautiful anchorage with a great beach. Of course, when we came in we had not brought in our dinghy and the dinghy line fouled the prop. I'm sure that's never happened to anyone else. ;) Bob donned his snorkeling gear and went at it...with success. I am now the official dinghy captain whcih means it's my responsibility to tell Bob what to do, and I have to admit, I am pretty good at that. On to Esperanza, a tiny coastal town still on the south side of Vieques. Bob and I were here on a charter boat in 2006, and not much has changed. Altough i very nice local woman did say that all the real estate is being scooped up by Americans, and most of the businesses are now American owned. It's a shame because this a a great little place. We had drinks and appetizers at Bananas while we played dominoes, the best way to waste an afternoon.
Comments
Vessel Name: ADASTRA
Vessel Make/Model: 1988 Morgan Classic
Hailing Port: Cortez,FL
Crew: Captains Bob & Judy Wakelam
About: DELIVERY AND CHARTER CAPTAINS SAILING THE CARIBBEAN

TWO IF BY SEA

Who: Captains Bob & Judy Wakelam
Port: Cortez,FL