S/V Adirondack

09 November 2007 | Tom Point Creek, SC
08 November 2007 | John's Island
27 October 2007 | ICW, NC
26 October 2007 | Intercoastal Waterway
25 October 2007
10 October 2007 | Block Island
08 October 2007 | Cape Cod Bay
07 October 2007 | Lynn-Scituate
23 September 2007 | Lynn, MA

The Carolinas

08 November 2007 | John's Island
Sue/sunny & cold
I've a little time this a.m. We were up before dawn, out of the slip at first light, and back in the slip when the sun came up. We had to make a hasty U turn when the engine temp starting rising and steam instead of water was coming out of the through hole on the stern. Joe just emptied out all the oil he had put in yesterday to get at the impeller. Two blades were chewed off.

Our guide says, "South Carolina is very different than North Carolina. You will notice immediately how much warmer it is." Well, 34 degrees is the same in both states. That was the temp this am. We are just south of Charleston.
Yesterday was amazing. We passed through the Cape Wildlife Refuge for 22 miles. It was morning and the birding was terrific. Hawks hunting, terns diving, a bald eagle being regal. Not to mention the ibis, pelicans, gulls, and hundreds of migrating song birds. What a treat on a frosty but clear sunny morning.

We are establishing more routines, getting better at seamanship each day. It is hard to say that the weather has been beautiful, knowing full well this area is in desperate need of rain. Let's just say we are enjoying the warmth of the sun but joining the locals in their hopes for clouds.
Comments
Vessel Name: Adirondack
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105 MC
Hailing Port: San Francisco