Sailing on Paradise

21 May 2015 | Gumusluk
01 May 2015 | Marmaris Yacht Marina
30 April 2015 | Marmaris Yacht Marina
28 February 2015 | Marmaris
21 September 2014 | Kos
23 August 2014 | Sifnos, Greece
23 August 2014 | Kiperissiri
06 July 2014 | Cephalonia
08 June 2014 | Corfu
22 May 2014 | Kassiopi, Corfu
10 May 2014 | Taormina, Sicily
10 May 2014 | Vulcano, The Aeolian Islands
05 May 2014 | Palermo
01 May 2014 | Arenella near Palermo
25 April 2014 | San Vito lo Capo

Easter in Sicily

25 April 2014 | San Vito lo Capo
Ness
Easter Sunday dawns and after wishing each other ‘Happy Easter’ we unearthed the 6 pack of crème eggs that we had managed to squeeze into our case. After a well deserved leisurely breakfast of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon we headed off to explore the small town of San Vito Lo Capo. It was a lovely sunny day and the narrow streets were crowded with people of all ages walking and socialising in the Easter sun. We took a quick look into the local church (as there was a mass on) it was delightful, packed with colourful flower arrangements and many families packed into pews whilst others lighted candles for their loved ones.
After some time we decided to stop for a coffee, taking particular care to choose a cafe with the ‘Wi-Fi’ here sign outside. It was not long before we came across a suitable one, so we ordered some cappuccinos (delicious) and soon all of us had settled down to catching up in one way or the other via the internet.
After lunch we were sailing towards an anchorage fairly near to Palermo. It was not long before we were surprised to find that we seemed to be in the flight path to Palermo airport but we all confidently said ‘Well it was definitely marked on the charts as an anchorage’ and thought no more about it. That is until........... Paul rose to make us coffee and I waited expectantly for this to be served to me in bed as is our usual custom, until I heard a boat approach with lots of animated Italian talk from a local fisherman. There was no need Paul to come and tell me what was happening, I had enough experience of this sailing life to know that we were being moved on. The reason on this occasion being, yes you already guessed...We were right in the flight path for Palermo airport.
Comments
Vessel Name: Paradise
Vessel Make/Model: Aldabra
Hailing Port: Dartmouth
Crew: Paul Doolan and Vanessa Collett
About:
Hi! We, (Paul and Ness) are soon setting off to sail around the world. We sail Paradise, a 60ft Catamaran which we purchased from Italy in 2011. The last two winters have been very busy for us as we prepared Paradise for our adventure. [...]
Social:

Sailing on Paradise

Who: Paul Doolan and Vanessa Collett
Port: Dartmouth