Into the Sunset

03 November 2012 | Dowry Creek Marina. Bellhaven, NC
02 November 2012 | Alligator River Marina
01 November 2012 | Coinjock, NC
14 August 2012 | Portland, ME
07 August 2012 | Booth Bay Harbor ME
04 August 2012 | Portland, ME
03 August 2012 | Portsmouth, NH
28 July 2012 | Salem, MA
26 July 2012 | Sandwich, MA
20 July 2012 | Nantucket, MA
19 July 2012 | Falmouth, MA
16 July 2012 | 41 29.3'N
13 July 2012 | 41 29.07' N
12 July 2012 | Mystic CT
09 July 2012 | 41 11.35' N
06 July 2012 | City Island, NY
01 July 2012 | Weekawken, NJ on the Hudson River
30 June 2012 | Manasquan, NJ
29 June 2012 | Atlantic City, NJ

Catching up in Charleston

18 April 2012 | Charleston, SC
Linda
We traveled back to NJ to wrap up things. What was planned as a two week trip ended up taking two months due to medical issues. But as it was, everything worked out better than expected and with our house leased, our ‘stuff’ moved to storage, and Jim on the way to recovery, we packed up the car and headed to Charleston in March.
After unpacking, we had precious time to spend with our children, celebrating Nick’s birthday, Lily’s dedication, and fun times with Katie and Terri. Our friends Harry and Kathy Deadwyler visited for a weekend, hoping to sail, but the weather didn’t cooperate. We had a great weekend, enjoying dinner and a little excitement when they helped us fend off a sailboat returning to a slip in heavy currents. The boat next to us wasn’t so lucky and sustained damage.
There was a lot of time to experience Charleston with its beautiful weather, pretty gardens, and great restaurants. We watched dolphins play around our slip as we enjoyed coffee in the cockpit. Sunsets were gorgeous, thunderstorms dramatic. Our daughter, Katie, came to sail but again the winds and current were too much to get Al Di La out of the slip, especially since there was an expensive racing boat right next to us. We didn’t want to risk damaging it or Al Di La. We did have an enjoyable visit with Katie.
Our new granddaughter, Lily, was a delight at three months. We spent lots of time with her. April came and it was time to move on.
Comments
Vessel Name: Al Di La
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 45cc
Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Crew: Jim and Linda Dreiling
About: Cruising the East Coast and other fun places.
Extra: Tasha, our Siberian cat, will be joining us.

Retirement = Living the Dream

Who: Jim and Linda Dreiling
Port: Charleston, SC