Into the Sunset

03 November 2012 | Dowry Creek Marina. Bellhaven, NC
02 November 2012 | Alligator River Marina
01 November 2012 | Coinjock, NC
14 August 2012 | Portland, ME
07 August 2012 | Booth Bay Harbor ME
04 August 2012 | Portland, ME
03 August 2012 | Portsmouth, NH
28 July 2012 | Salem, MA
26 July 2012 | Sandwich, MA
20 July 2012 | Nantucket, MA
19 July 2012 | Falmouth, MA
16 July 2012 | 41 29.3'N
13 July 2012 | 41 29.07' N
12 July 2012 | Mystic CT
09 July 2012 | 41 11.35' N
06 July 2012 | City Island, NY
01 July 2012 | Weekawken, NJ on the Hudson River
30 June 2012 | Manasquan, NJ
29 June 2012 | Atlantic City, NJ

Fun in Myrtle Beach

21 April 2012 | Myrtle Beach, SC
Linda/Stormy
Linda took the helm in dense fog the next morning with John and Jim assigned as lookouts. Visibility was so poor in the Waccamaw River you couldn’t see either shore. GPS came in handy. Watching charts, and hearing traffic, we knew we were approaching the highway bridge, but we couldn’t see it until it loomed up about 200 yards in front of us! Fortunately we were at the right span to go under it. We circled to assess the situation then proceeded cautiously as another boat led the way. Shortly after the bridge, the fog slowly lifted, revealing beautiful moss draped Cypress trees on the Riverbank. The Waccamaw River is known to be the most beautiful part of the Intracoastal Waterway and once the fog lifted; it lived up to that reputation. John took the helm and took us up the river through the Canal until we got to the ‘Rock Pile’ as it is called. The ‘Rock Pile’ is a section of the Intracoastal Waterway that was carved out of rock so the sides are strewn with huge, sharp rocks. Jim took us through the ‘Rock Pile’ on to Myrtle Beach where storms were threatening. Skies were dark as we arrived at Barefoot Landing Marina and tied up. John and Jim just barely had time to put up the cockpit enclosure before the thunderstorm erupted overhead.
Barefoot Landing Marina is steps from the shops at Barefoot Landing and several restaurants. TBonz was the closest and John treated us to dinner. Afterwards Debra and I shopped while Jim and John relaxed with a glass of wine back on the boat. Our friends left the next morning when John’s brother picked them up. We always enjoy time spent with friends on the boat.
The next two days were spent doing laundry and shopping. We tried a few different restaurants. We weren’t in a hurry to leave since the weather was stormy.
Comments
Vessel Name: Al Di La
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 45cc
Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Crew: Jim and Linda Dreiling
About: Cruising the East Coast and other fun places.
Extra: Tasha, our Siberian cat, will be joining us.

Retirement = Living the Dream

Who: Jim and Linda Dreiling
Port: Charleston, SC