Around The World Slowly

Just one more day here please!!!

ALEXES

Who: Jenny and Dave
Port: Sydney
13 July 2010 | Dartmouth
11 July 2010 | Weymouth
05 July 2010 | In the Hamble
28 June 2010 | Brighton
23 June 2010 | Zeebrugger Harbour
15 May 2010 | Zeebrugge (Belgium)
12 May 2010
28 April 2010
27 April 2010
21 April 2010 | Dunkerque
18 April 2010 | 50.57.782n 001.50.742e
17 April 2010 | 51.24.96n 000.44.07e
16 April 2010 | 51.30.45N 00.04.21W

Along the South Coast

28 June 2010 | Brighton
Jenny & David Spencer
06/28/2010
Along the South Coast.
We had sailed into Brighton the previous September and this was the first time we had returned to the same spot since we had returned to our same anchoring spot in Corfu over two years previously. In the interim we had visited close to 100 different spots, feeling our way in with the local boats looking at us as if we were beginners, as they zoomed past us.
What a relief to now know what to expect when we lowered sails and motored in. Brighton was still the same gay old Queen we met last summer, the sun was out and we had a great time.
Hoping to recommission the water-maker in preparation for the ARC we needed to find a quiet and clean anchorage as our next port of call. We had a fantastic beam reach with 20 knots of breeze and we averaged 9 knots speed over ground to Chichester Harbour. We had forgotten how pleasant sailing could be with the sun out and shorts and crocs on. We picked up a visitors mooring buoy close to the small village of Itchenor where we spent the next week at a very reasonable cost of 11 pound a night.
Whilst having a quiet little drink at the Chichester Yacht Club we bumped into Bernard and Jean Clarke whom we had previously sailed with on the Blue Water Rally over three years ago. They took us to their local pub that evening, a fantastic little boozer.
Our Relatives from Essex spent a few days with us in one of the most beautiful places to have visited bar none.
After a week of doing nothing, we were very complacent about our next short hop to Southampton. We towed the dinghy behind us, after all, this was only the Solent. As soon as we left the harbour we go 25 to 30 knots on the nose and the bar was very rough indeed. No wonder the local crews all had their obligatory wet weather gear and harnesses on. Dressed in shorts, t shirts and bare feet, we were well chastised by the time we sailed into the Ocean village Marina 3 house later. To crown it off, we were charged 68 quid for an overnight berth miles from anywhere.
Comments
Vessel Name: Alexes
Vessel Make/Model: Taswell
Hailing Port: Sydney
Crew: Jenny and Dave
Extra: We Departed Sydney Jan 2004 bound for NZ and Fiji. We joined the Blue Water Rally at Cairns QLD in Sept 2006 and have been sailing around the MED for the last few years before venturing up to UK and Holland.

ALEXES

Who: Jenny and Dave
Port: Sydney