SV Alex II

Te kore te wiwia

16 March 2012
25 February 2012
31 January 2012
05 January 2012
02 January 2012
02 January 2012 | La Paz, Mexico
24 December 2011
11 December 2011 | La Paz area
23 November 2011 | La Paz
17 November 2011 | La Paz
16 November 2011 | La paz
12 October 2011 | Mazatlan
27 September 2011 | Mazatlan, Mexico
24 September 2011 | mazatlan
15 September 2011 | Mazatlan
03 September 2011 | Still mazatlan
26 August 2011
24 August 2011 | Mazatlan
21 August 2011 | Mazatlan

An Evening to remember

26 August 2011
kevan
What started out as a Friday night out to sample some Thai cuisine turned out to be a real adventure. Rowan ( Vortex III) and I had previously tried to eat at this particular restaurant a few weeks earlier but it had been closed for renovation when we arrived. We were relieved to see it was open this evening when we disembarked from the bus. The meal was great, nice and spicey and we were treated to a fantastic thunder and lightening storm, instant thunder and then lightening immediatley, which meant we were right under the storm. It rained and rained throughout the meal, rained some more and when we got to the main road in Mazatlan, it was completely flooded. Really flooded., cars were still navigating the road, some had stalled and stopped and everything was awash. We spotted a bus , not the right one , but one which would take us to within 1/2 mile of the marina. As we slowly made our way back towards the marina, cars were stopping and turning around as the water was getting deeper and deeper, the bow wave from the bus was 9 inches high and causing waves to hit the walls on the opposite of the road. Cars had their exhausts submerged and the water was up to and over the wheel tops on smaller cars. Any way our bus turned around as expected short of the marina and we were faced with a hike through knee high water to the marina. Fortunately we had to go over a bridge which meant going uphill, thankfully meaning dry feet. However half way home one of my sandals gave up the ghost and was tossed away, quickly followed by the second sandal. I had purchased replacements the day before but thought my old ones were good for another few weeks. Hah not the case when you trudge through water !!
Finally got home at 10..pm, we left at 6.30 to go for the meal. When you cruise, everything is an adventure, even going for a simple meal !!!!
Some should invent drainage ?
Comments
Vessel Name: Alex II
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Passge 42
Hailing Port: Auckland, New Zealand - Aotearoa
Crew: Kevan Draper
About: Preparation for Puddle Jump in 2013/14 . Plan is to take yacht through the Pacific to Australia after crusing the Gulf of California/Sea of Cortez/ Central America/ then jump from Panama to the Galipagos, Tahiti on westward
Extra: Crew positions available.

Alex II

Who: Kevan Draper
Port: Auckland, New Zealand - Aotearoa
Aotearoa - The land of the long white cloud
To new days, new challenges, new friends and reaching dry land