SailBlogs
Bookmark and Share
S/V Alli-Rose
Position
29 April 2012 | 50 54.7'N:127 55.8'W, Bull Harbor
Very quiet run from Port McNeill. It is our third visit here. We find it as rugged and beautiful as our previous visits. We are moored to a 100 ft by 10 ft dock which is detached from the shore. It is perfectly placed for protection from the SE and NW winds we are expecting tonight. We hope to round Cape Caution on Tuesday or Wednesday if the forecast of more settled weather lighter winds and calmer seas is realized. We evaluate West Sea Otter ocean bouy for swell height, Pine Island for winds, chop and swells. Swell height of 1.5 at West Sea Otter, Winds NW to W 10 to 20 knots, low to moderate swell and 2 foot chop at Pine Island are the ideal conditions. SV Millie, SV Morningstar and MV Jeannie are in Miles Inlet waiting for the same conditions. We are looking forward to rejoining the fleet on Tuesday or Wednesday. We have some groceries for them from Port McNeill which we expected to deliver 3 days ago. Well that didn't happen becase of a Gale which came over Queen Charlotte Strait. We have carefully stored the vegetables and dairy and they should be fine for Tuesday.
Add A Comment
Your Name
Your Email
Your Comment
Retype the text on the left
valid image