Altair's Cruz Nuz

cruising, vb, kroozing, working on your boat in exotic locations around the Caribbean....Dudley and Becca

25 October 2012 | Coconut Grove Sailing Club
25 September 2012 | Coconut Grove Sailing Club
28 July 2011 | Coconut Grove Sailing Club!
27 July 2011 | Key Biscayne, Florida
27 July 2011 | Stiltsville and Miami just across the Bay.
27 July 2011 | Gulf Stream...
27 July 2011 | Gulf Stream, Here we come!
26 July 2011 | Sweet and Very Special Bahamas...Goodbye...for now!
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor
26 July 2011 | Gun Cay's floral gifts!
26 July 2011 | The surf at Honeymoon Harbor!
26 July 2011 | Our last island wonderland...before the Concrete Jungle....
26 July 2011 | Gun Cay...Practicing walking on land...
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor...very cool!
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor...We like it!
25 July 2011 | A very Busy Honeymoon Harbor!
25 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor, Lee side of Gun Cay
25 July 2011 | Bimini, Our Beloved Bahamas!
24 July 2011 | Bimini, Big Game Club Marina!

Checked OUT of Antigua...

25 April 2011 | Jolly Harbor and 5 Isles!!!
Becca
We were scared! Our friends told us that it would be easier to clear out in Jolly Harbor, unless you get the Dragon Lady! Articles were written about her in the Compass (Caribbean's Monthly Look @ Sea and Shore) and the horrible way she has treated a bunch of cruisers!

We left the comfort of 5 Islands harbor at about 9a, motored around the wee, rocky obstacles and arrived at the Jolly Harbor Marina fuel dock for water and some mercy! We are hoping one: we don't have bring Altair to the dock to clear out...2 times going to a dock is 2 too many! You are supposed to call and they will tell you whether or not they want you at their dock! (We really think they just don't have the energy). Ollie, the guy at the fuel dock said we could pull over to a dock close by and easy, like that part! We got rid of the garbage, provisioned (bad idea when you're hungry) and when we got back to Altair Dudley took the dink over to ask Ollie if we could leave the boat for another 1/2 hour. He told Dudley that the Customs and Immigration officers were leaving, "Hurry"...I didn't have time to get the cold stuff put away before we sped off to the customs dock.

Bottom Line, Leona, Port Authority officer (who we think is the dragon lady) was verrrrrrry nice, especially when she saw we are from Miami, she is too! She would not stop talking about Miami, her son lives in our town, and we had to stop her from searching her personal address book for her son's address. The guy in the customs office was patient, This IS Easter Monday, a holiday! Great...the three girls in Immigration were sad it was Easter and they had to work today, but "no, they are never closed....8-6, 365 days a year"...we're exhausted.

We came back here to 5 Islands Harbor so it will be a strait shot out the harbor @ 10-11p when we plan to leave and sail due West.

Nevis is our destination and we plan to be there about 8a!

The locals are testing the guests at the resort where we are getting the free wifi! The music is loud, the energy is good and I think it's testing Dudley too!

Happy Easter, Still!

Bec

Comments
Vessel Name: Altair
Vessel Make/Model: Tartan 34'
Hailing Port: Coconut Grove Sailing Club
Crew: Dudley Clark and Becky Butler
About: Dudley has owned this Tartan sloop and has been cruising on her since 1986. Becky joined the good sloop back in 2000 when we first started cruising together and he has been 'training' me ever since! I couldn't be happier! I've been sailing all my life, but cruising is a whole different fish!
Extra: This is the most extended cruise we've braved on this wonderful, old boat of ours which is planned to be about 2 years! We left Miami in late February of 2008 and want to get below the hurricane belt by the end of July! Ok, so it's July, 2011...we're close, but not home yet!

S/V ALTAIR

Who: Dudley Clark and Becky Butler
Port: Coconut Grove Sailing Club