Altair's Cruz Nuz

cruising, vb, kroozing, working on your boat in exotic locations around the Caribbean....Dudley and Becca

25 October 2012 | Coconut Grove Sailing Club
25 September 2012 | Coconut Grove Sailing Club
28 July 2011 | Coconut Grove Sailing Club!
27 July 2011 | Key Biscayne, Florida
27 July 2011 | Stiltsville and Miami just across the Bay.
27 July 2011 | Gulf Stream...
27 July 2011 | Gulf Stream, Here we come!
26 July 2011 | Sweet and Very Special Bahamas...Goodbye...for now!
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor
26 July 2011 | Gun Cay's floral gifts!
26 July 2011 | The surf at Honeymoon Harbor!
26 July 2011 | Our last island wonderland...before the Concrete Jungle....
26 July 2011 | Gun Cay...Practicing walking on land...
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor...very cool!
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor...We like it!
25 July 2011 | A very Busy Honeymoon Harbor!
25 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor, Lee side of Gun Cay
25 July 2011 | Bimini, Our Beloved Bahamas!
24 July 2011 | Bimini, Big Game Club Marina!

Twenty-five reasons to anchor off the @ Chat & Chill.

05 July 2011 | Stocking Island, Georgetown, Exuma
Becca
Here are our top best reasons to bop over to the Chat and Chill before leaving Chicken Harbor:

25. All the work on the boat is done (for now) and we can VEGGGGGG!
24. Watching the sunrise which just seems better in the Bahamas and on the water.
23. Getting a haircut on any spot along hole #1 or the famous Sand Dollar Beach.
22. Laughing so hard TRYING to play volleyball.
21. Wading in a neon adarondack chair you've plunged into the surf...
20. Strolling, climbing and balancing our way around hole #1 to peek into hole zero!
19. Drink an icecold Kalik beer (Bahamian brew) that costs too much anytime of day just because you're here.
18. Pick a wildflower from KB's (Kenneth Bowe) property for your loverkins.
17. Gaze mindlessly or thoughtfully, depending on how much rum you drank at the sunsets which are lengendary.
16. Eat great fresh seafood or bbq'd anything from the hands of Ulrich the Grillmaster.
15. Sit for hours chatting with KB about the old days.
14. Sitting for more hours with KB to Chat about the new days!
13. Drinking too much rum on the sand.
12. Take as long as you want building teeny sand sculptures...or not. Just playing in KB's sand box.
11. People watch.
10. Drink more ice cold Kalik beer with someone new, since my first mate doesn't drink beer.
9. Try to remember if you've sat under every cassarina or almond tree over the years.
8. Beaching the dink after too long away...and the feeling you have when you tromp up the beach to the bar...indescribably comforting!
7. Depending on the time of year, seeing if you recognize anyone.
6. Reading the shirts and banners hung high above our heads in the rafters...
5. Deciphering the madness scribbled in the guestbooks.
4. Gawking at babes sitting, playing v-ball or walking by.
3. Drolling over the hunky guys doing whatever.
2. Family regatta action and Cruising Regatta craziness spilling over here in April.

And the all time best and number one reason to come to the Chat and Chill:

1. Beaching the dink and walking to the windward side of Stocking for the historic hike along the stromatolite, ancient reef formations still being studied to this day, and making it up to the monument... then coming back to the Chat and Chill for an ice cold Kalik.

Thanks KB for all the memories, since l998, and he's keeping on keepin' on! Check out the Chat and Chill on Facebook!




Comments
Vessel Name: Altair
Vessel Make/Model: Tartan 34'
Hailing Port: Coconut Grove Sailing Club
Crew: Dudley Clark and Becky Butler
About: Dudley has owned this Tartan sloop and has been cruising on her since 1986. Becky joined the good sloop back in 2000 when we first started cruising together and he has been 'training' me ever since! I couldn't be happier! I've been sailing all my life, but cruising is a whole different fish!
Extra: This is the most extended cruise we've braved on this wonderful, old boat of ours which is planned to be about 2 years! We left Miami in late February of 2008 and want to get below the hurricane belt by the end of July! Ok, so it's July, 2011...we're close, but not home yet!

S/V ALTAIR

Who: Dudley Clark and Becky Butler
Port: Coconut Grove Sailing Club