Altair's Cruz Nuz

cruising, vb, kroozing, working on your boat in exotic locations around the Caribbean....Dudley and Becca

25 October 2012 | Coconut Grove Sailing Club
25 September 2012 | Coconut Grove Sailing Club
28 July 2011 | Coconut Grove Sailing Club!
27 July 2011 | Key Biscayne, Florida
27 July 2011 | Stiltsville and Miami just across the Bay.
27 July 2011 | Gulf Stream...
27 July 2011 | Gulf Stream, Here we come!
26 July 2011 | Sweet and Very Special Bahamas...Goodbye...for now!
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor
26 July 2011 | Gun Cay's floral gifts!
26 July 2011 | The surf at Honeymoon Harbor!
26 July 2011 | Our last island wonderland...before the Concrete Jungle....
26 July 2011 | Gun Cay...Practicing walking on land...
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor...very cool!
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor...We like it!
25 July 2011 | A very Busy Honeymoon Harbor!
25 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor, Lee side of Gun Cay
25 July 2011 | Bimini, Our Beloved Bahamas!
24 July 2011 | Bimini, Big Game Club Marina!

We had to breakaway!

07 July 2011 | Georgetown to Lee Stocking!
Becca
The first thing we needed to do was cut the umbilical cord. No way were we planning to stay in Georgetown for 10 days...but it's hard with extended family holding on like Kudzu to the entire flora of the east coast of the US and possibly beyond.

The rain was a gift...we filled everything and had more water than we could hold. Shucks, we just fetched water a couple of days ago and that's when it rains, when we are full up!

It was a monsoon...we couldn't see the bow of the boat...so we didn't leave until 11a. New destination...Lee Stocking Island.

Have always wanted to check this out: The Caribbean Marine Research Center. We started to call to set the stage "May we take one of your moorings"? No answer. We really wanted to make an appointment for a tour to explore and learn as much as possible of their mission and success to date. We tried until well after we actually took a mooring, dinner was cooked, eaten and showers behind us...the sun was well below the horizon and still no response! Maybe tomorrow! Very exciting!

We only traveled 25 miles and still have 300nm to go. This 5 miles per hour is seriously hampering our desire to get home by Dudley's birthday on the 23rd.

It was hairy entering the cut and then had to hug the coast all the way in and around the the north end of the island...He's my expert eyes on the bow!

Bec
Comments
Vessel Name: Altair
Vessel Make/Model: Tartan 34'
Hailing Port: Coconut Grove Sailing Club
Crew: Dudley Clark and Becky Butler
About: Dudley has owned this Tartan sloop and has been cruising on her since 1986. Becky joined the good sloop back in 2000 when we first started cruising together and he has been 'training' me ever since! I couldn't be happier! I've been sailing all my life, but cruising is a whole different fish!
Extra: This is the most extended cruise we've braved on this wonderful, old boat of ours which is planned to be about 2 years! We left Miami in late February of 2008 and want to get below the hurricane belt by the end of July! Ok, so it's July, 2011...we're close, but not home yet!

S/V ALTAIR

Who: Dudley Clark and Becky Butler
Port: Coconut Grove Sailing Club