Altair's Cruz Nuz

cruising, vb, kroozing, working on your boat in exotic locations around the Caribbean....Dudley and Becca

25 October 2012 | Coconut Grove Sailing Club
25 September 2012 | Coconut Grove Sailing Club
28 July 2011 | Coconut Grove Sailing Club!
27 July 2011 | Key Biscayne, Florida
27 July 2011 | Stiltsville and Miami just across the Bay.
27 July 2011 | Gulf Stream...
27 July 2011 | Gulf Stream, Here we come!
26 July 2011 | Sweet and Very Special Bahamas...Goodbye...for now!
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor
26 July 2011 | Gun Cay's floral gifts!
26 July 2011 | The surf at Honeymoon Harbor!
26 July 2011 | Our last island wonderland...before the Concrete Jungle....
26 July 2011 | Gun Cay...Practicing walking on land...
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor...very cool!
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor...We like it!
25 July 2011 | A very Busy Honeymoon Harbor!
25 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor, Lee side of Gun Cay
25 July 2011 | Bimini, Our Beloved Bahamas!
24 July 2011 | Bimini, Big Game Club Marina!

Excitement continues!

07 July 2009 | We WERE moored here, off the Lazy Turtle, Tyrell Bay, Carriacou
Bec
The cruising community is truly remarkable! Our neighbors Eloan, was a big family that we adored watching! They were so loving, helping their parents, playing, and being part of the big team. There were 4 boys and a girl that we would finally meet, but we really wanted to meet the amazing parents of this huge family.

It was about 6:30a when I got up to find us flying across the bay toward the reef. I got up to the bow to see the frayed and sawed mooring lines hanging off the bow, when I yelled to my Captain that we are in danger with that reef and the wind kicking up at a steady pace. Dudley and I both yelled to get the key in the ignition when two boys and the Dad from Eloan arrived in their dink to push us away from the reef! We learned later that the youngest rescuer actually saw us first and woke everybody on his boat to get help for us. They got us back on the mooring and a squall came thru that was timed so close to getting back on the mooring it was spooky.

I spent the day painting a thank you card depicting the little guy pulling on a line, the older boy helping and Dad driving their dink! They were so excited and we did get introduced to the whole gang!
Comments
Vessel Name: Altair
Vessel Make/Model: Tartan 34'
Hailing Port: Coconut Grove Sailing Club
Crew: Dudley Clark and Becky Butler
About: Dudley has owned this Tartan sloop and has been cruising on her since 1986. Becky joined the good sloop back in 2000 when we first started cruising together and he has been 'training' me ever since! I couldn't be happier! I've been sailing all my life, but cruising is a whole different fish!
Extra: This is the most extended cruise we've braved on this wonderful, old boat of ours which is planned to be about 2 years! We left Miami in late February of 2008 and want to get below the hurricane belt by the end of July! Ok, so it's July, 2011...we're close, but not home yet!

S/V ALTAIR

Who: Dudley Clark and Becky Butler
Port: Coconut Grove Sailing Club