Aluna

10 March 2014 | Holandes Cays, San Blas
27 February 2014 | Columbia
24 February 2014 | Carthagena
06 February 2014 | Santa Marta, Columbia
13 January 2014 | Santa Marta, Kolumbien
14 June 2013 | Curacao, Spanish Water
07 June 2013 | Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic
26 May 2013 | Dominican Republic
11 May 2013 | Haiti
08 May 2013 | Haiti
06 February 2013 | Varadero, Northcoast of Cuba
29 November 2012 | Guanaja
21 November 2012 | Bay Islands, Utila
19 November 2012 | Rio Dulce, Golfrete
18 November 2012 | Rio Dulce, Guatemala
14 April 2012 | Isla Mujeres, Yucatan
03 April 2012 | Yucatan Channel
29 March 2012 | Cayo Largo
13 March 2012 | Cayo Largo
15 February 2012 | Cuba

The old Mayans

14 April 2012 | Isla Mujeres, Yucatan
Once you are tied to a dock it seems hard to let go of the ropes and set the anchor again, swing with the wind and tide. This time in the Marina Pareiso we were bouncing like a rocking horse at the end of the pier. It was Easter holiday, for Mexicans a long week of celebrations, holy or not, it certainly did nothing to the speeding flashy boats which were racing up and down the channel to take holiday makers to the pristine white beaches and somewhat sad snorkel places, more snorkelers than fish, it seems the fish were on holiday as well, guess they went to check out Cuba.
On arrival we were invited to a “pot luck”, we went, only to drink a beer, we were just too tired to get out and shop for BBQ meat and the like. Lovely crowd of cruisers, most of them going back to the US, I met four Aqua aerobic enthusiasts and we started the next morning our class in the marina pool, great fun and I immediately felt at home. That was one of the reasons why we spent 2 weeks on that rocky pier, actually the second week we “earned” a very quiet spot inside the marina, only trouble was, it was so shallow that our rudder stuck in the mud at low tide. The other reason for staying was of course we wanted to travel inland to visit some Mayan archeological sites. We went for three days to Merida (oldest city of the Yucatan), Kabah, Uxmal and of course Chichen Itza. First day we were lucky and had a good knowledgeable guide, later we decided to walk the sites on our “own” with thousands of other tourists, chased by o couple of hundred vendors and moskitos. We were glad to have seen a little bit of the Yucatan and look forward to going back there.
Comments
Vessel Name: Aluna
Vessel Make/Model: Orana 44 Fountaine Pajot Catamaran
Hailing Port: Travemünde
Crew: Richard & Eveline
Social:

Caribbean

Who: Richard & Eveline
Port: Travemünde