Alvis 2015 Cruise

Vessel Name: Alvis
09 July 2015
09 July 2015
09 July 2015
09 July 2015 | Doueoulou, Lifou
02 July 2015 | Prony Bay, New Caledonia
Recent Blog Posts
09 July 2015

Lifou Bakery

The bakery in Dououelou knows how to feed a yacht crew!

09 July 2015

Failed Goose Neck

This us the part that failed.

09 July 2015

Goose neck Jury Rig

This is the jury rig that got us to Noumea. It looked in good condition each time we checked, but when we removed the cord, we found it was in two pieces and badly chaffed in two other places. All of this was out of sight! Lucky we nursed it all the way and didn't have to tack.

09 July 2015 | Doueoulou, Lifou

Lifou

Alvis at anchor, taken from Kerumba.

02 July 2015 | Prony Bay, New Caledonia

Baie du Nord in Prony Bay

First entry in the blog. Hopefully we can add the earlier part of the trip later.

Baie du Nord in Prony Bay

02 July 2015 | Prony Bay, New Caledonia
First entry in the blog. Hopefully we can add the earlier part of the trip later.
We have had a few lovely days in the Baie de Prony, exploring old convict ruins and having some great walks. The weather has been a bit ordinary, but we have had clear times to get stuff done in amongst the rain. The wind really eased off today, so that was pleasant. Ian caught a couple of coral trout which we had for dinner, and a mack tuna which we gave most of to The Healer.
They have run out of fresh food, so they appreciated it. Mark is heading back to Noumea with us tomorrow and then he will sail back to Australia.
We will pick up Grants wife, Carolyn, on Saturday and provision for the next part of our voyage. We plan to leave Noumea on Monday, and travel to the Loyalty islands before setting off to Vanuatu about the 12th of July. At this stage I am still hoping to go to Tanna before heading north to Port Vila.
All is going well with the boat, but there are the usual succession of maintenance jobs.
Comments

About & Links