s/v Always & All Ways

22 April 2022 | Bocas del Toro
12 March 2020
08 April 2018 | Escudo de Veraguas
06 April 2018 | Narranja Abajo
04 April 2018 | Shelter Bay Marina
02 April 2018 | Shelter Bay Marina
30 March 2018 | Shelter Bay Marina
26 March 2018 | Shelter Bay Marina
23 March 2018 | Shelter Bay Marina
22 March 2018 | Shelter Bay Marina
21 March 2018 | Rio Chagres
20 March 2018 | Rio Chagres
19 March 2018 | Rio Chagres
18 March 2018 | Punta Limon
17 March 2018 | Euero, on the Mosquito coast of Panama
16 March 2018 | Escuda de Veraguas
15 March 2018 | Escuda de Veraguas
14 March 2018 | Escuda de Veraguas
13 March 2018 | Escuda de Veraguas
12 March 2018 | Zapatilla Cays

Staged to Cross Grand Bahama Banks

29 May 2009 | Anchored East of Cat Cay
Deb
Friday May 29, 2009. We are staged to leave at 3 or 4 or 5 (who knows) in the morning as this crossing is very long. The Gulf Stream crossing was a breeze, thanks to Mark's careful planning. I apologize as I have been remiss in writing here. I also apologize to those people in NH we didn't get to see. We had time to see family and then I spent several days wiped out, and then there was the yard and house and on it goes. Hopefully I will have more time to enjoy people when we return. We are having a wonderful time. Finally we have time to snorkel and relax and we even caught a NICE FISH. I am spending lots of time quilting and doing Sudoku, but I still struggle with reading for any extended time. I am looking forward to Dottie and Larry joining us, probably a week from today and then David and Lisa will join us on June 25th for the run to Bocas. I am excited about the gardening and the house. I have to find a way to keep the finca's goats out of the plants and garden. Also, it will be mango season when we arrive. Hopefully Currie will come down in July as she loves them. Lucas ran a half Marathon, I am impressed, I can't imagine 11 miles. Shari's graduation was great and she has Kira back. We saw Kim and Zac while in NH, they are moving again. All are doing well. The strangest visit started with a call to Currie as I hadn't heard from her in a while and she tells me that she and Dan were in Miami. Long story short, she and Dan and his sister, Meg and her husband Micheal came down to the harbor and we had a great afternoon people and boat watching and hanging out. I just couldn't believe we ended up in Miami at the same time. It was amazing. I Find sailing much more comfortable now and the only time I was at all frightened was when Mark jumped overboard in the middle to the Gulf of Mexico to cut a crab trap free from the prop. I know so much more about the boat and sailing I can't believe it. This is worth doing, worth all the five years of planning and whatever your dream, you should live it, even for a while, it is worth everything. I promise to write more blogs for everyone, especially our Sea Orphans. And yes Lucas, Mark does wear a sarong, it is much cooler and more comfortable. So does that make him Samoan Mark? Love to all.
Comments
Vessel Name: Always & All Ways
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine-Pajot Belize 43
Hailing Port: Hancock, NH, USA
Crew: Mark & Deb Parker
About: Mark, an ER doc, retired 10/08 to become a sea gypsy. Deb, an educator, has been retired since 5/07 and was equally anxious to leave the cold of New England far behind
Extra: We now have a hurricane season home in Bocas del Toro, Panama. We still plan on spending many months cruising every year.
Always & All Ways's Photos - Main
In the Spring of 2016, we sailed from Bocas del Toro, Panama, to Cuba and back with stops at the Albuquerque Cays, Providencia, and the Cayman Islands. We cruised the South coast of Cuba some and then left the boat for some inland excursions.
20 Photos
Created 8 March 2018
Cruise of Albuquerque Cays and Providencia, Columbia
19 Photos
Created 12 June 2013
Pictures from our 2012 cruise from Bocas del Toro, Panama, to the Bay Islands of Honduras and back. Posted each time we have internet
2 Photos | 7 Sub-Albums
Created 28 March 2012
Pictures of our home at Discovery Bay, Isla Solarte, Bocas del Toro, Panama. More (older) can be found in Discovery Bay album.
49 Photos | 1 Sub-Album
Created 5 August 2010
Pictures of our recent trip to the San Blas Islands of Panama with friends Ron & Cynde
58 Photos | 3 Sub-Albums
Created 29 April 2010
Pics from the month we spent at some of the out of the way places in the Bahamas, May 2009.
39 Photos
Created 22 June 2009
Birds, animals, etc. that we have seen along the way
14 Photos
Created 11 April 2009
Pictures of some of the improvements we have made over the past few months
37 Photos
Created 11 April 2009
Pictures from Rio Dulce
20 Photos
Created 11 April 2009
Pictures from our travels
29 Photos
Created 11 April 2009