The Journey of Angeliquea

The search for warmer waters...

11 January 2015
Aaron, First mate
And it begins.... Greeting everyone, got things kicked off a few days ago and are currently underway to Catalina island. Time on deck, 2255. Had a great first leg from Morro bay to Santa Barbara, but past couple of days have been typical boat life. Fixing busted equipment. None to worry, we the persistent carry on. After arriving in Santa Barbara the windlass started acting screwy so it really "dragged" things along. (Sailor pun) The trusty mechanic appeared and worked into the wee hours of the morning to try and make the best of a crummy situation. The Harbor Patrol didn't seem to like us much. We did slightly abuse the guest dock privilege. But only slightly, haha. Today was about the same but only rainy and cold. Must have drizzled all damn day. Managed to puncture a hole in the dinghy, while raising it on the davits. The davits... A story for another time. With glue and patches we mend our defeated tender and our own humiliation. Despite this, I have the utmost of confidence in the crew. The weather has broke and is started to clear. Next stop, warm sunny Catalina.

The games afoot; follow your spirit: and on this charge cry God for Harry, England, and Saint George.

Aaron Edwards,
First mate
Comments
Vessel Name: Angeliquea
Vessel Make/Model: 65' Bruce Roberts ketch
Hailing Port: Morro Bay, CA
Crew: Jon, Aaron, Nate

Who: Jon, Aaron, Nate
Port: Morro Bay, CA