S/V Puddle Pirate goes cruising

Ankley's family adventure, cruising with kids.

30 January 2016 | Mushroom Rock
12 January 2016 | San Carlos
29 January 2015 | La Cruz
21 December 2014 | San Diego
22 October 2014 | San Diego
12 June 2014 | Washington
04 May 2014 | 150 miles off the Island of Guadalupe
15 April 2014 | Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
08 April 2014 | La Paz
10 March 2014 | La Cruz
09 February 2014 | La Cruz
26 January 2014 | La Paz
03 January 2014 | San Carlos, Mexico
21 December 2013 | San Carlos, Mexico
09 September 2013 | Everett
03 July 2013 | Everett
10 June 2013 | Washington, USA
16 May 2013 | Santa Rosalia
29 April 2013 | Island Coranodo's
22 April 2013 | Puerto Escondido

Long overdue

22 October 2014 | San Diego
Tamberlyn

Update long overdue. It has been a tough year for the crew of Puddle Pirate. One of our crew members “Gabby” left the boat to attend school in Florida. Things were going good until the funding ran out and we had to move her to a new school. Change is hard for Gabby, so the move didn’t go well. We tried to move her to Arizona that way she could be close to family but this didn’t work out. So we moved her to Washington, our home state. The adjustment was very hard on her emotional skills. The good news is she is just starting to settle in to the new school and routine.

It has taken all summer to facilitate the transfers and get everything lined up for her. The new school is located in Tacoma; Crystal our eldest daughter is visiting Gabby weekly. This is helping Gabby with the transition. Having family members close to her is beneficial to her emotional needs as well as her academic growth. This brings us to a new issue.

The crew of Puddle Pirate will have to relocate to Washington to help with the emotional growth of Gabby. Rose, the youngest crew member would like to attend high school in Washington as well.
What you say no more cruising? Not so, we will still go cruising but we just have to take a little break. After this season we plan on putting Puddle Pirate back on the hard in San Carlos then heading back up to Washington to start this new chapter of our cruising lifestyle. We hope this break will only last 1 year then we can return to our boat and kick start our cruising plans.

Ok now that I have brought you up to date. Presently we are in San Diego bay anchored in A9 anchorage. We are enjoying the warm weather and getting Puddle Pirate ready to head south. As to when we will be leaving is up to how fast it takes to get everything ready to go. Oh and also the weather topic. The hurricane season has been a bad one this year. The last thing we need is to head out right into a storm. Been there done that!

The crew of Puddle Pirate has expanded by one new four legend member. Teddy the Terror is a small black Terrier mix who loves to swim and play in the sand. Rosie has taught her to relieve herself on a small green turf located on the back deck now called the poop deck.:) With the rough summer Rosie needed a little friend to help her through it all. So now we have Teddy, and she is a terror but a welcome addition to the crew. She barks at everything that goes bump in the night so her job is night watchman. I can’t wait until she sees the dolphins and whales when we head south.

We plan on heading south after thanksgiving. Rosie misses her friends in La Cruz, so this will be one of our stops before heading north to San Carlos. I am so ready to head south. I will miss not being able to head further south to Costa Rica and join the rest of our cruising family. But I know we will catch up someday. That is the nice thing about cruising. You have family everywhere and you never say goodbye, just say until next time. The world is not as big as you think!
Comments
Vessel Name: Puddle Pirate
Vessel Make/Model: 44 ft. Gulfstar ketch
Hailing Port: Hidden Harbor, WA
Crew: Lew, Tamberlyn andAubryanna Rose
About: Lew and Tamberlyn lived in Tulalip, WA with their 3 youngest kids. Lew retired from Boeing in June 2011, then we cut the dock lines for good and went cruising full time. Their oldest daughter Crystal and son Fernando will keep to the land and visit in the winters.
Extra: Warm sunshine is what we seek! Oh Lew is always on a hunt for good pizza.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/directory_name/mistress2
Social:
Puddle Pirate's Photos - Count down to cruising (Main)
5 Photos
Created 29 January 2015
Banderas Bay
11 Photos
Created 9 February 2014
Puddle Pirate gets her bottom fixed and painted
5 Photos
Created 26 January 2014
Taken in Hawaii in the 80's
11 Photos
Created 16 May 2013
2013 Mexico season
9 Photos
Created 13 February 2013
12 Photos
Created 1 May 2012
12 Photos
Created 1 May 2012
5 Photos
Created 1 May 2012
13 Photos
Created 1 May 2012
55 Photos
Created 1 May 2012
42 Photos
Created 27 April 2012