S/V Puddle Pirate goes cruising

Ankley's family adventure, cruising with kids.

30 January 2016 | Mushroom Rock
12 January 2016 | San Carlos
29 January 2015 | La Cruz
21 December 2014 | San Diego
22 October 2014 | San Diego
12 June 2014 | Washington
04 May 2014 | 150 miles off the Island of Guadalupe
15 April 2014 | Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
08 April 2014 | La Paz
10 March 2014 | La Cruz
09 February 2014 | La Cruz
26 January 2014 | La Paz
03 January 2014 | San Carlos, Mexico
21 December 2013 | San Carlos, Mexico
09 September 2013 | Everett
03 July 2013 | Everett
10 June 2013 | Washington, USA
16 May 2013 | Santa Rosalia
29 April 2013 | Island Coranodo's
22 April 2013 | Puerto Escondido

Who said you can never have enough friends

19 April 2012 | La Paz, Mexico
Tamberlyn
No sooner than S/V Papillon left our anchorage, a new Gulfstar 44 came sailing in. Of course it got our attention being the same boat model as ours. We noticed it had two kids on deck, cool another kid boat! As soon as the new boat set it’s anchor our kids were in the water swimming towards their boat. The boat was S/V Pura Vida, the crew was just arriving in the Sea for the first time. We soon became fast friends and invited them for dinner on Puddle Pirate. They had an 8 year old little girl named Hunter and a 10 year old boy named Kie. They were headed for La Paz to stock up and meet family flying in. We gave them a little local knowledge of places to go when in La Paz and exchanged our boat cards. The kids were calling each other on the VHF radio to check in with each other. Gabby and Rose are getting very good on the radio with protocol.

We stayed 2 more nights on the hook then headed back to La Paz. Lew wanted to anchor out in front of La Paz in the mooring field instead of going in a marina. It is only $1 a day and if you want to use the dingy dock at Marina La Paz you only pay an extra $1 a day. With that you get fresh water and a safe place to leave your dingy while exploring the town. Our friends off S/V Permanently Temporary are moored just across from the dingy dock at Marina La Paz. Of course we had to stop in and say hi. That night we were having Gale’s famous painkiller drinks and a great pot luck dinner. It was a jump up La Paz style. Dan and Kelly from Papillon came over and our new friends from Pura Vida were invited as well.

We are heading out the first of next week for the islands and then up to Laredo for Laredo fest May 4,5 & 6th. The north winds have been blowing like crazy so it will be up hill motor all the way. Hopefully they calm down by next week so we can get some sailing in. Before we head out Lew wants to go back to a cool Mexican cuisine restaurant we found while exploring the town. It’s called Catrinas Cocina Mexicana. It is just off the Malacon. Very good molcajetes arrachera served in a lava rock boul. I had the camarones borrachos (drunken shrimp), it was yummy. I would definitely recommend it. One of the many things I have enjoyed about Mexico is the cuisine. It’s not like back home, they cook it the way it is suppose to be. Not to hot with the hot sauce on the side. And the cost wont beak the budget. Oh the margaritas are very good and cheep.

Today I was yanked out of paradise and back to the grind of US Taxes. Our federal return we e-filed was rejected for a non error. No error but the system had a glitch. Wouldn’t you know it, just as we are getting money back this year it is delayed. Oh well, today I guess we are off to find a DHL to mail our return in. It just goes to show you, no matter how far you get from the US it will pull you back.
Comments
Vessel Name: Puddle Pirate
Vessel Make/Model: 44 ft. Gulfstar ketch
Hailing Port: Hidden Harbor, WA
Crew: Lew, Tamberlyn andAubryanna Rose
About: Lew and Tamberlyn lived in Tulalip, WA with their 3 youngest kids. Lew retired from Boeing in June 2011, then we cut the dock lines for good and went cruising full time. Their oldest daughter Crystal and son Fernando will keep to the land and visit in the winters.
Extra: Warm sunshine is what we seek! Oh Lew is always on a hunt for good pizza.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/directory_name/mistress2
Social:
Puddle Pirate's Photos - Count down to cruising (Main)
5 Photos
Created 29 January 2015
Banderas Bay
11 Photos
Created 9 February 2014
Puddle Pirate gets her bottom fixed and painted
5 Photos
Created 26 January 2014
Taken in Hawaii in the 80's
11 Photos
Created 16 May 2013
2013 Mexico season
9 Photos
Created 13 February 2013
12 Photos
Created 1 May 2012
12 Photos
Created 1 May 2012
5 Photos
Created 1 May 2012
13 Photos
Created 1 May 2012
55 Photos
Created 1 May 2012
42 Photos
Created 27 April 2012