Exhausted in Manifold Ways
05 March 2012 | Gisborne
4 March 2012
16 degrees C, 25 knots from the south, sun shining and rain. Summer in New Zealand.
On the day of rest, instead of doing much else, we rested. Jan finished Stieg Larsen's second "The Girl..." book and I was finally able to download detailed charts of our next year's travels into iPad and leveled new solar panel. Tomorrow may see organized activity if we don't devolve into complete decomposition.
5 March 2012
Brekkie and coffee injected energy into our system to avoid total entropy. The universe and life as we know it persists.
With highish hopes that exhaust manifold will be ready today (has anyone else noticed that even optimistic people only have half a glassful?) we plan to refuel for the expected motor through a no wind high to Picton.
Hose from truck didn't quite reach the boat and we couldn't move due to exhaust manifold deficiencies (mainly not being installed) so expect to refuel in the morning. Currently contemplating next backup plan due to weather bomb low that just went by stalling and sending a trough back over us. Said plan involves sailing to Napier tomorrow night before southwest winds re-emerge Wednesday morning to wait for next window. This getting to Marlborough Sound thing is turning into a chore.
Did, however, get manifold installed and it appears, after some tinkering and unlike my brain, to be leak free.