Arctic Tern

10 September 2014 | Mars Hill, NC
30 July 2014 | Lantana to Sarasota, FL
28 June 2014 | Mars Hill, NC
09 June 2014 | Lenox,Massachusetts
24 May 2014 | Mars Hill,NC
22 May 2014 | Bradenton, Florida
04 May 2014 | Bradenton, Florida
27 April 2014 | Grand Bahama Bank in 12 feet
25 April 2014 | Nassau, Bahamas
24 April 2014 | Warderick Wells
16 April 2014 | Conception Island
03 April 2014 | Luperon
29 March 2014 | Samana, Dominica Republic
28 March 2014 | Los Haitises national Park
27 March 2014 | Haitises National Park
26 March 2014 | Los Haitises National Park, DR
25 March 2014 | Samana, Dominican Republic
24 March 2014 | Samana, Dominica Republic
06 March 2014 | Bahia Almodovar

Last dance- bittersweet

24 April 2014 | Warderick Wells
We are ready to be back in Florida, but at the same time we could stay in the Bahamas for a few more months exploring the remote undeveloped islands, snorkeling on the reefs, swimming in the clear turquoise waters, walking deserted beaches and enjoying specular sunsets. We are not doing that- we are bringing the boat to Florida and getting her ready for sale.

Enough of looking forward; let me tell you about the last week or so. We left Conception Island and sailed to Calabash Bay on Long Island. We got wifi for the first time in about a week and had a very nice meal at the resort with Kim and Scott from Bella Blue and played bridge over drinks and the wait for dinner. We headed to Georgetown the next day and wasted no time getting to a laundromat. It had been 18 days since laundry and the basket wash overflowing. I have heard about Georgetown for years and know that some cruisers spend much of their cruising season there, but it is not for me. We topped off on fuel and some fresh food- it had been only 16 days since a grocery store visit, but I still had fruits and vegetables for another week. We left Bella Blue in Georgetown waiting for guests and we headed north.

One night we anchored at Staniel Cay and snorkeled the Thunderball Cave. We arrived at the cave at high tide and it was clearly not safe to dive into the cave. We returned at low tide and dove through the cave and snorkeled around and found the diversity of fish and coral very high. Sean Connery (or his stunt man) dove through the cave in the James Bond movie Thunderball.

We moved to Warderick Wells Land and Sea Park and spent two lovely days. We hiked and snorkeled and Hunter volunteered to help the park by splicing mooring lines.
Today we are Allen Cay and tomorrow we will sail, really motor as there is very little wind, to Nassau. We are just a few days from US waters.
Comments
Vessel Name: Arctic Tern
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 45
Hailing Port: Valdez, Alaska
Crew: Hunter & Devi Sharp
About: Devi's evil twin- skippy

Migration of the Arctic Tern

Who: Hunter & Devi Sharp
Port: Valdez, Alaska