Arctic Tern

10 September 2014 | Mars Hill, NC
30 July 2014 | Lantana to Sarasota, FL
28 June 2014 | Mars Hill, NC
09 June 2014 | Lenox,Massachusetts
24 May 2014 | Mars Hill,NC
22 May 2014 | Bradenton, Florida
04 May 2014 | Bradenton, Florida
27 April 2014 | Grand Bahama Bank in 12 feet
25 April 2014 | Nassau, Bahamas
24 April 2014 | Warderick Wells
16 April 2014 | Conception Island
03 April 2014 | Luperon
29 March 2014 | Samana, Dominica Republic
28 March 2014 | Los Haitises national Park
27 March 2014 | Haitises National Park
26 March 2014 | Los Haitises National Park, DR
25 March 2014 | Samana, Dominican Republic
24 March 2014 | Samana, Dominica Republic
06 March 2014 | Bahia Almodovar

Nassau

25 April 2014 | Nassau, Bahamas
devi
I keep humming "I sailed on the sloop John B, my grandfather and me, round Nassau town we did roam, drinking all night......I feel so broke up I want to go home". Well, I am no fan of Nassau. We got to the Harbor Central Marina, which I chose because the prices seems reasonable with adequate amenities; laundry, fuel and internet. After fueling we got into the slip and I asked for the location of the laundry facility. The dockmaster, Garnet, told me that the washers were broken (quick image of hand laundry) and besides the water was rusty from pipe repairs. I was told that I could take a bus with my laundry to the Laundromat (quick image of large yellow "hazardous waste" laundry bag on public bus. Okay, I don't really neeed to do laundry, I just wanted to do it. Garnet said the internet access was open so I fired up the tablet and antenna and found no wifi. When asked Garnet did not know about the wifi. NOT MY FAVORITE MARINA! For those googling Harbor Central Marina- It is not safe and not a good place!

We walked around town a bit and got wifi at a café and dinner on the boat. We shut the boat down at night like we always do. The grate was in and the only open hatch was over our head with a bar across it, barring entry from above.

The next morning I opened the grate in the companionway and found blue paint (the ablative blue paint from our bottom) hand and foot prints in the cockpit, ending at the grate. The thief swam up to the boat climbed up the rudder, put his feet in the exhaust holes and reached the folded ladder. Well, I always wondered how I would get into the boat with out the ladder. We took the slip in the marina for security and maybe do a bit of laundry and internet. I am over it!
Here is Arctic Tern on the dock with Atlantis in the background.
Comments
Vessel Name: Arctic Tern
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 45
Hailing Port: Valdez, Alaska
Crew: Hunter & Devi Sharp
About: Devi's evil twin- skippy

Migration of the Arctic Tern

Who: Hunter & Devi Sharp
Port: Valdez, Alaska