Ardbeg

01 August 2017
31 July 2017
30 July 2017
27 July 2017
26 July 2017
24 July 2017
23 July 2017
23 July 2017
21 July 2017
20 July 2017
19 July 2017 | Rimouski
18 July 2017
17 July 2017
16 July 2017
15 July 2017
14 July 2017
13 July 2017
12 July 2017
11 July 2017

Refueling the boat and us!

19 July 2017 | Rimouski
Note that it is still not good to post photos as the internet sucks or is non existent. Today started a bit later as we only had to do 30 miles to get to Rimouski. They were announcing bad thunderstorms in the afternoon so we were happy to get to harbour before they hit. The 30 miles in the bank helped a lot. No speed records today. The wind was on our nose and only blowing 10 knots. It was a bit of a bumpy ride and we were able to maintain 5-6 knots motoring. We tried putting up both sails but the angle was too tight. We were going with the tide and not profiting from it. These tides can be crazy sometimes and hard to figure out day to day. They do not do exactly what the chart tables say. We arrived at Rimouski just before 1100am and headed straight to the fuel dock. We took on 82 liters of diesel. That was for 214 miles. So that means that was consumption from Gaspe as we filled up there before departing. The diesel tank holds about 160 liters and we are carrying 40 liters in jerry cans. We quickly tucked Ardbeg into the dock and made a bee line to the restaurant before even showering. We had been four days without showering. I had eggs benedict with smoked salmon and Rob had an omelette.
So next was the showers. After that we headed into the city for provisioning. We will have four days at anchor without hitting a dock, so to speak, so we had to make sure all we needed was bought. Things worked and we made it back to the boat before the storm hit. Rimouski is actually in drought conditions and have had no rain this summer. I guess central Canada has been draining the clouds before they get here. During the storm we defrosted the fridge/freezer as it was icing up. For dinner we will do Cage aux Sports for some junk food. Believe it or not no junk food from Quebec City to Gaspe and back so far. Hopefully the rain will last long enough to get some of the salt off the boat. It gets in everywhere. At Cap Chat we picked up some moths. First bugs of the trip. Here in Rimouski there are house flies, so there is a sticky roll of fly paper hanging in the main salon to ward off unlucky flies. Tomorrow is an easy 13 mile trek to BIC National Park where we will anchor for a day to enjoy the scenery.

Comments
Vessel Name: Ardbeg
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 375
Hailing Port: Kingston, Ontario
Ardbeg's Photos - Main
Random photos from Portsmouth to Isles de la Madeleine June-Aug 2017
15 Photos
Created 12 June 2017