Arluk III

Vessel Name: Arluk III (Arluk the Inuit Eskimo name for Orca or killer whale)
Vessel Make/Model: Cabot 36
Hailing Port: Vancouver, British Columbia
Crew: Wayne Peters and Cyndie Koning
01 February 2017
29 January 2017 | Dock 7
25 January 2017 | Marina mazatlan
29 December 2015
27 December 2015
16 December 2015
13 December 2015 | Topolobampo
13 December 2015 | Copper canyon
13 December 2015 | On the train to copper canyon
08 December 2015 | Topolobampo
30 November 2015
28 November 2015
28 November 2015
24 November 2015 | La Paz, Mexico
09 November 2014 | Cabo San Lucas
25 October 2014 | San Diego
08 October 2014 | San Diego South Bay
04 October 2014 | Santa Barbara California
Recent Blog Posts
01 February 2017

Loving this beautiful city

Guadalajara has it all. Beautiful parks, an obvious appreciation for historical buildings, and a vibrant Mexican culture. The food is pretty interesting too! Much different than Mazatlan in every way. Tomorrrow we'll take the bus back to the boat.

29 January 2017 | Dock 7

Sunset

We're off to Guadalajara by bus for a few days. Dinner at one of our marina restaurants offered a spectacular sunset!

25 January 2017 | Marina mazatlan

A year and a bit later!

Hi everyone,

06 January 2016

A new year and so many new friends

Finally we have some internet-this is the first time I've tried to post something from the laptop on the boat. Life is so good in Mazatlan-we love the city and especially the people. Somehow cruising makes it possible to connect with people quickly. We know how to get about the town on the bus and where to eat great food and find great local ingredients. We've started to figure out where the good live music is and we're planning to go on the art walk on Friday. This is such a supportive friendly place to be. Every morning except Sundays I try to join the "walk"-about 5 km. So far all the folks we've met are Canadians, with at least 5 from Alberta! There are a surprising number of Edmonton registered boats here. Our current plan is to haul out here to have some bottom work done on the boat and to leave it in Mazatlan for the summer. I head back to Edmonton January 23-9 weeks passes quickly.

29 December 2015

Shrimp market

I think we'll barbecue the prawns we just bought at the shrimp market. We found the market by accident while on our way to find the amazing gelato that Dianne and I had the other day. There was 20 or 30 different kinds of shrimp and prawns. Life is good!

27 December 2015

Mazatlan

Ok. Time does give one a better perspective. But lousy internet remains frustrating! Wrote a long post while at the amazing coffee place called rici's Cafe but somehow it never uploaded so rewriting now. (Kind of)

Mazatlan

27 December 2015
Ok. Time does give one a better perspective. But lousy internet remains frustrating! Wrote a long post while at the amazing coffee place called rici's Cafe but somehow it never uploaded so rewriting now. (Kind of)

We made the journey south from Topolobampo with a few issues, not the least of which was problems throttling down without killing the power (and having trouble restarting). To make a long story short we came into the marina under full power but managed to get into a slip with help from our new friend Eva. Wayne's confidence saved me from being super anxious as we navigated the channel in under full power in the dark. And everything is fixed and running well now.

The last week has been filled with enjoying Dianne's company-good food, wine, great conversations and a fair bit of shopping! It will be sad to see her go tomorrow! We've loved heading into the old parts of mazatlan. Had Christmas Eve dinner at a spectacular restaurant called waters edge. And went for a sail on Christmas morning! Wayne cued up two whales (looked like humpbacks) for the trip
To stone island. I asked for dolphins too but none in the Christmas morning sail.

Looking forward to connecting with Jen and Jon on summer tomorrow.
Comments

About & Links