Artemis

New season

30 March 2011 | Gaeta Italy
Been back aboard Artemis for 4 days now prepping for our second season cruising and what a delight it is get to the boat to find it looked pretty clean no mould anywhere and everything pretty dry no green stuff anywhere even the spray hood was still fresh and mould free.

Mild winters in the med def get my thumbs up. Just about completed all my jobs just to get provisions aboard for a cast off on Friday morning, weather is looking pretty settled and reasonably warm.

For some strange reason we are a little more apprehensive starting off this season than we were last year cant quite put my finger on it likely that the prolonged bad weather at the end of our season last year still dwells in the back of our minds it will probably pass once we get underway.

Have made new friends here in Gaeta Harry and Jane Hungate who have been cruising the world for the last 15 years in Cormorant a Corbin39 they are headed in the opposite direction to us (west) we will pick their brains for some nice places they have stopped. They are headed for the Canaries then across to the US sometime in the summer.

Its an odd feeling to have met so many people that we have liked but to never see or hear of them again bit of a cliché but like ships that pass in the night

We will again be update our blog as and when we can but as we enter into Greece on a couple of weeks time expecting internet access a bit patchy
Comments
Vessel Name: Artemis of Brighton
Vessel Make/Model: Gib'Sea 105
Hailing Port: Paphos Cyprus
Crew: Janey Maxwell, Neville Maxwell

Artemis of Brighton

Who: Janey Maxwell, Neville Maxwell
Port: Paphos Cyprus