14 June 2009 | Annapolis, MD
11 June 2009
10 June 2009 | Little Creek Marina, Norfolk, VA, USA
04 June 2009 | Little Creek Marina, Norfolk, VA, USA
31 May 2009 | Little Creek Marina, Norfolk, VA, USA
29 May 2009 | Little Creek Marina, Norfolk, VA, USA
26 May 2009 | Little Creek Marina, Norfolk, VA, USA
25 May 2009 | Little Creek Marina, Norfolk, VA, USA
13 May 2009 | through 21-May-2009
13 May 2009 | through 21-May-2009
12 May 2009 | St George's Town, Bermuda
11 May 2009 | St George's Town, Bermuda
07 May 2009 | St George's Town, Bermuda
04 May 2009 | St George's Town, Bermuda
21 April 2009 | through 02-May-2009

Sheryl takes a turn

10 December 2008 | Culebra, Puerto Rico
CURRENT LOCATION: On a mooring ball near the reef in Ensenada Dakity
18 17.609' N, 065 16.813' W

Blog written by Sheryl

Doug is busy with boat projects and teaching algebra so it is time for me to write another blog entry.


IMAGE NOT FOUND

Last week we were invited over to s/v Cayuga to have sundowners with Hale and Susan. We met them earlier in the summer before they sailed to Curacao for hurricane season. With the dip in the financial market they returned to Puerto Rico with the hope of earning money so they can continue to cruise around the Caribbean. They do wonderful work as a floating canvas shop, creating biminis, awnings, and re-stitching sails. Their newest product is making bags out of used sail cloth, primarily their well used, retired main sail. They offered to design and create a bag for me. I just received it in the mail yesterday and it is the lead photo for this blog. It's the perfect size to carry everywhere, it has a zipper to keep things from falling out, and I love the sail cloth, very nautical.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

If you are interested in purchasing one of their sail cloth bags, please send us an email and we'll put you in touch with Hale and Susan. I think one would make an excellent holiday present.


IMAGE NOT FOUND

Another Culebra friend, Pam, told me about an opportunity to submit photos to a publishing company who in turn creates a desktop calendar as a fund raiser for two Culebra Nuns that run El Centro de Apoyo a la Familia, a non-profit, non-denominational organization that provides free educational, recreational and counseling service to the entire Culebrense community. I just bought the calendar and there is s/v Prudence sailing to Culebrita on the cover and five of my photos each taking one month. I am very honored!


Terrie, my shopping buddy, also has some big news. She is running in the 2009 Boston Marathon. This will be her first marathon; she submitted her application to run in the world oldest annual marathon with Team Eye and Ear. She is taking this very seriously and has planned her running schedule for the next five months. She needs to raise $3,000, so if you are looking for a charity to help out during the holiday season, please consider Terrie's efforts. CLICK HERE to see Terrie's web page.


Now it's time for me to get back to work on boat projects. I have a stay sail sheet that needs a new eye splice.

Blog written by Sheryl



Site Meter

Vessel Name: Prudence
About:
We are Doug & Sheryl, owners and crew of the sailing vessel Prudence.

This blog starts in 2005, when we initially had the idea to quit our jobs and live on a sailboat while we cruised to the Caribbean. At that time we had never owned a boat and had no experience sailing. [...]