Aussie Rules has been sold and We are back in BC enjoying land life for now.

We enjoyed our time in Sint Maarten but decided against buying Ohana. We are boat free for the first time in a long time! Not sure for how long....

Ilot NDU -A local islet Marine Park, with free moorings

28 October 2015
After a few days in Noumea, we had taken enough walks around to get all the provisions we required. Right beside the Marina was the waterfront fresh fruit, veg and fish stalls. Right outside of those stalls were the vendors selling dresses, wraps, jewelry, crafts and local artwork. We bought all the food we needed and some beautiful artwork.

Dave had by now taken apart the windlass, scraping off the corrosion and lubing it up with a grease he had on board. After he tried it and it worked, I was keen to get out and explore some of the nearby islands. There were a few within 10 miles. We decided to go for a couple of days and come back for the Rugby final in a couple of days, so we could cheer on the Kiwi's and Aussies.

Up first was Ilot NDU. It was 8 miles away and looked like it would give good protection in the 15kn breeze we were having. It was a sweet tiny island with just a handful of boats. We had been told these places fill up quickly on the weekends as the moorings are free. As it was a weekday we were pretty sure it would be quiet and it was. With snorkelling, a wreck, turtles and an island to explore, we quickly blew up the kayaks and paddled close to the reef, sliding in and swimming along where we had just seen a turtle. The wreck and the island were next up. First we paddled around the island and then beached the kayaks and walked around...a perfect outing for snap happy me.
Comments
Vessel Name: Aussie Rules
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 34 MK I I
Hailing Port: Gabriola Island
Crew: Dave and Rose Hayes
About: We have sold the boat and are back on Gabriola. What a treat to know where things are and have vehicles to buy what we need ! We also have wifi at the trailer, which we are staying in until we build.
Extra:
Now we are researching building details and courses to take which will lead to jobs (Dave) and permaculture and gardening and how best to allocate on our site at this time (me). We have a cistern and rooftop rainwater collection started today from the roof of the future shop and 10x10 shed beside [...]

we are back home on Gabriola and working toward house plans and all kinds of building details.

Who: Dave and Rose Hayes
Port: Gabriola Island