Aussie Rules has been sold and We are back in BC enjoying land life for now.

We enjoyed our time in Sint Maarten but decided against buying Ohana. We are boat free for the first time in a long time! Not sure for how long....

Isle Maitre - another Marine park, with half the island a resort and half park.

29 October 2015
Isle Maitre had a swank resort, but the island was still cute. The water turquiosey and clean. There was a regular ferry that brought foot traffic over to Kite board from the city. This island was only a couple of miles away and with the regular service, it was a no brainer for a quick getaway for the day with locals packing some water wings and a picnic lunch.

It also had the free moorings and lots of them. Boaters trying to get away from town in the dark had lots of difficulty picking up moorings, prompting lots of light shining on moorings from helpful neighbors. Yep, we had a show. A few times. Some gave up and anchored off. By midday there were many moorings occupied and we slipped ours to head back to town. Who knew there would be a slalom course with us weaving in between the dozens of SUPers, paddling like mad to catch the waves and surf miles downwind to a far beach. We could also see many kites flying in the distance, with Kite Boarders ripping along beneath them. This is surely one seriously active community!
Comments
Vessel Name: Aussie Rules
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 34 MK I I
Hailing Port: Gabriola Island
Crew: Dave and Rose Hayes
About: We have sold the boat and are back on Gabriola. What a treat to know where things are and have vehicles to buy what we need ! We also have wifi at the trailer, which we are staying in until we build.
Extra:
Now we are researching building details and courses to take which will lead to jobs (Dave) and permaculture and gardening and how best to allocate on our site at this time (me). We have a cistern and rooftop rainwater collection started today from the roof of the future shop and 10x10 shed beside [...]

we are back home on Gabriola and working toward house plans and all kinds of building details.

Who: Dave and Rose Hayes
Port: Gabriola Island