Richard's Journey

28 May 2011
27 May 2011 | Stuart, Florida
21 May 2011 | Still on Land
17 May 2011 | Indiantown Florida

A faltering start

27 May 2011 | Stuart, Florida
The anticipation of setting off was mixeed with the frenzy of packing supplies, including about a $1000 worth of what seemed to consist solely of cans of chopped tomatoes, sardines and oats. No space for beer and dips! But set off we did, only to return four hours later down the canal under sail with a repeat of the engine failure problems we thought had been fixed. Another day in dock and finally the problem was identified by expert and expensive technicians and we set off again, missing the lock opening time and spending the night anchored beside an eerie and mosquito infested swamp with attendant alligators standing by on the shore.
Now we are in a deluxe anchorage in Stuart among the millionaire's toys and a few ocean wanderers. The last of our sail wardrobe issues are being sorted and everything shipped and stowed properly. Although properly is hardly the word as we have a distinct list to port due to the distribution of water,fuel stores etc which means I have a slight struggle staying on my 450 wide berth. We hope to set off on Sunday night for the Bahamas, aiming to arrive in Westpoint before nightfall.
Comments
Vessel Name: Brio
Vessel Make/Model: 33' Dudley Dix Steel sloop
Hailing Port: Indiantown
Crew: Ivan, Louise and Richard
Extra: Heading to Victoria Australia from Florida Usa.

Who: Ivan, Louise and Richard
Port: Indiantown