Richard's Journey

28 May 2011
27 May 2011 | Stuart, Florida
21 May 2011 | Still on Land
17 May 2011 | Indiantown Florida

Are we ready?

28 May 2011
The question arises because so much requires testing and checking. The engine now seems to be sorted and the sails all hanked on but as yet unused. Ivan is not a good communicator at some levels and to understand what he is thinking or planning takes a little more guesswork than I feel comfortable with. Our route through the Carribean is still a work in progress and the often conflicting advice from the many seasoned yachtsmen around here only adds to the air of uncertainty. Our charts are, for certain areas, quite old, and too much faith in our electronic GPS charts is a little presumptuous. In particular the weather patterns in the Carribean and the Gulf of Mexico will determine our route. There was a suggestion last night that we could make for Honduras or Guatamala and leave the boat there if we can't make Panama before the onset of the Hurricane season. The delays in preparation have inevitably brought this possibility about. Personally I hope we err on the side of caution.
Comments
Vessel Name: Brio
Vessel Make/Model: 33' Dudley Dix Steel sloop
Hailing Port: Indiantown
Crew: Ivan, Louise and Richard
Extra: Heading to Victoria Australia from Florida Usa.

Who: Ivan, Louise and Richard
Port: Indiantown