Autumn Borne Cruising

CSY-44 Antigua - Hull 001

01 January 2024 | Shady Harbor Marina -- Coyman's Landing
22 November 2022 | Beaufort SC
06 September 2022 | Catskill NY
15 July 2022 | Catskill
02 July 2022 | catskill, NY
19 June 2022 | Catskill NY
05 June 2022 | Catskill Marina
02 February 2022 | VERO Beach
05 September 2021 | Catskill Marina
22 July 2021 | Catskill NY
11 July 2021 | Dock at Catskill Marina
24 June 2021 | Catskill Marina
24 June 2021 | Catskill, NY
19 June 2021 | CATSKILL

Tough way to WAKE UP

09 July 2014 | HON
Dean - very stormy last night - sunny in AM
Tough way to Wake UP this morning....
It must have just happened (in the last hour or so)... because the temperature in the refrig. box was only up to 44F, but the sound of the refrigerator compressor trying to restart every few minutes WOKE me right up.... "Damn!!!!"....

So... I tried shutting the power off for a 6 or 7 minutes... and re-starting it... No soap!
Controller failure was indicated by the flashes...(3 then pause...)
OK... change the controller...
Normally this works fine.... but this time... during the transfer of terminal ends from old to new controller... I must have touched the Thermostat wire to something powered... because the 2 AMP fuse blew in the Thermostat circuitry... so the display was "dark". This was NEW to me... (first time in five years that this happened... ).

Anyway... everything is back working.... now... But still a tough way to start the day (0600 hours).

I still have to change the "O" rings on all the refrigerant lines (2)..... It's been 5 years since we installed the system... and we 've got a very small leak on the refrigerator system... (small as in almost molecular losses....)

Yesterday I spent the day working on the Perkins (main) engine.... The coolant system fill cap, and housing.... The 'simple' job was immediately complicated when two of the three machine bolts broke off inside the cast iron housing.... That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the morning... (i.e. getting back to 'square-one').
Turns out... that the fill "cap housing" that I was going to have brazed... actually is very strong with it's JB weld patch... SO.... I may not have that fixed... just put it back with new "O" ring seal.... and keep an eye on it...

Today... or tomorrow I'd like to change some of the water/coolant hoses... (some have slight bulge / no cracks or leaks, but it could be TIME).
I've also found some hose clamps that I'd like to change out... especially on hoses close to the seacocks...

OK... time for coffee...

and then box up one or two controllers (refrigeration).. .and send them back to FRIGOBoat for analysis... and order some more 'spares'....
We had already sent two there last month.... for a technician to look at.... and see why we're getting failures.... (no answer yet).

Worrying about refrigeration is the worst part of cruising!
Comments
Vessel Name: Autumn Borne
Vessel Make/Model: CSY-44-Antigua
Hailing Port: Buffalo, New York
Crew: Dean and Susan Perry
About: Full time cruisers for 14 years, now. We cruise about 3500 nautical miles each season, from the top of the Hudson River (NY) to either the FL keys; the Bahamas; or the west side of FL, for the Winters.
Extra: Our CSY-44-Antigua is hull #001.
Autumn Borne's Photos - Main
Autumn Borne has new home in 2020 - summer...
14 Photos
Created 25 August 2020
Vero Beach 2020 - Limit to this seasons southerly travels... Activities and Projects.
9 Photos
Created 24 February 2020
Summer Projects on Autumn Borne
8 Photos
Created 21 August 2019
preparation projects on the AB...for trip south
6 Photos
Created 30 September 2018
Goodwill Date NIGHT at the pool at HOP-O-Nose. Great Fun with good folks. spouses buy outfits for the other party.
5 Photos
Created 6 August 2017
2017 Trip to the Abacos Islands - BAHAMAS
4 Photos
Created 15 February 2017
Wonderful time at St. Marys GA -
8 Photos
Created 1 December 2016
Bill and Janet took us to Wilmington NC ( aka "the big city") by car on FRiday... GREAT TRIP
6 Photos
Created 16 April 2016
We were invited for Pasta Night with Mike and Vickie McKinnon, to the new home of Michele and Steve Papile (s/v John Rae). Wonderful day !!
6 Photos
Created 19 February 2016
our times at VERO Beach
7 Photos
Created 9 February 2016
FALL 2015 - Trip South along EAST Coast of USA
8 Photos
Created 15 November 2015
Wonderful time at a Finger-Lakes wine tasting tour, organized by our daughter, Ruth. The tour was followed by a B-day celebration, and dinner at a local restaurant. Friends, and Relatives gathered from all over NY, and PA. GREAT TIME !!!
7 Photos
Created 18 September 2015
After Key West - winter of 2015 spent in Boot Key Harbor, and Marathon FL. Lot's of friends here...
12 Photos
Created 19 April 2015
Vacation from Cruising... Becoming a tourist again.... and a wonderful visit from our kids.
6 Photos
Created 22 February 2015
AB on the Hard for bottom work, and new paint. Propeller staightened, and cleaned up by professional prop shop.... two dents, and numerous nicks... and scratches...gone now... plus "pitch" checked and trued... Cutless bearing removed, and reset...
9 Photos
Created 18 December 2014
Cumberland Island GA - great place to visit... like walking on an alien planet
6 Photos
Created 1 December 2014
Traveling with Benny and Lisa on the S/V Rhiannon, and then Ilene, and Roger, on the s/v ILENE. Beautiful Beaufort SC until we had to leave before our anchor let GO in a blow and tide... and a wonderful ST. Mary's Thanksgiving.
6 Photos
Created 30 November 2014
dinner for 8, cooked by Ondra, and Nelson on Last Boat... eaten by the crews from Autumn Borne, SEEKER, Last Boat, and Endurance.
4 Photos
Created 12 March 2014
summer 2013 at HON
2 Photos
Created 6 October 2013
rented car in Titusville, FL. Drove to Glenville, NY in two days. Christmas with Ruth, Matt, and the kids (Billie, and Charlie).
5 Photos
Created 25 December 2012
Painting the trim at Ruth's house, led to some interesting happenings... Like my first ambulance ride (head wound).
4 Photos
Created 28 September 2012
photos from our past, and hopefully from our sixth year 'out'.
4 Photos
Created 16 September 2012