Avelinda 2020

02 August 2020 | Snow Island, Casco Bay (photo Harbor Island)
31 July 2020 | Harbor island
28 July 2020 | Photo of Reindeer Cove; Currently at Dix Harbor, Muscle Ridge
25 July 2020 | Seal Harbor, Vinalhaven
23 July 2020 | Looking toward Mt Desert from Buckle Harbor (Swans area)
19 July 2020
18 July 2020 | Cows Yard
14 July 2020 | Trafton Island
13 July 2020
11 July 2020 | Burnt Coats Harbor, Swans Island, ME
10 July 2020
10 July 2020
06 July 2020 | Damarascove Island
05 July 2020 | Harpswell sound
04 July 2020 | Yankee Marina, Yarmouth Maine
15 August 2015 | Harraseeket River, South Freeport Maine

Many Days in One

11 August 2015 | Saddleback porch
CH/ Huge surf, 25knot winds, big storm, cozy cabin
The weather prediction for the late afternoon and evening was severe wind, rain, and thunderstorms. We were glad to be in our cozy cabin, but we were very concerned about Avelinda given that Maine Coast Heritage Trust, from whom we were renting the cabin and mooring, said it would not be good to keep a boat on that mooring in a SW winds over 20 knots. Gusts over 25 were predicted. After much consulting with various weather stations at various times, we decided to bring our boat back to the Quarry Adventures, and have "Capt. Bill" drive us back to our cabin in his lobster style boat. Webb Cove is a little more protected, and he assured us of new chain and "big rocks" for the mooring. So we headed off on the scenic route through Merchant Row islands, the backside of Crotch Island where the granite is still quarried, and down the Deer Isle Thorofare to get there. We saw other boats, had a good breeze, and caught our ride back to the island.

The day was spent exploring the island, hanging on the porch drinking tea, and awaiting the storm. It was a doozie of a storm. Even if the mooring had held we would have gotten no sleep, so we were happy with our decision to get rid of our boat! At night we got a bit goofy and we became curious about what was in a HUGE, new white box up on an empty loft. We hoisted Rusty up there to explore, and found it was a whole new chimney to be installed. Getting him down from there was questionable, but we were all happy to have the answer to our questions. We sat around the stone fireplace, caught up with each other, laughed and had a great night.
Comments
Vessel Name: Avelinda
Vessel Make/Model: Ericson 32 - 200
Hailing Port: South Freeport, ME
Crew: Capt Pete and First Mate Carey
About: Peter owns and is captain of Seacoast Tours of Maine LLC; Carey works as 8th Grade Teacher
Extra: We gain spiritual connection to the earth, and rejuvenation upon being together on the ocean. We are excited about our upcoming cruise the coast of Maine .

Avelinda is fixed and ready for travel

Who: Capt Pete and First Mate Carey
Port: South Freeport, ME