Avelinda 2020

02 August 2020 | Snow Island, Casco Bay (photo Harbor Island)
31 July 2020 | Harbor island
28 July 2020 | Photo of Reindeer Cove; Currently at Dix Harbor, Muscle Ridge
25 July 2020 | Seal Harbor, Vinalhaven
23 July 2020 | Looking toward Mt Desert from Buckle Harbor (Swans area)
19 July 2020
18 July 2020 | Cows Yard
14 July 2020 | Trafton Island
13 July 2020
11 July 2020 | Burnt Coats Harbor, Swans Island, ME
10 July 2020
10 July 2020
06 July 2020 | Damarascove Island
05 July 2020 | Harpswell sound
04 July 2020 | Yankee Marina, Yarmouth Maine
15 August 2015 | Harraseeket River, South Freeport Maine

Last Day on the Island

12 August 2015 | Zippy to Enchanted Island
CH/ fog, light winds, partly cloudy
We retrieved our boat, got some provisions, and decided not to worry about the fog predictions due to all our experience with fog. Decided perhaps they should get the full view of Maine sailing! We were excited to go to Green Island, which we had kayaked to before in the past. You can swim in a freshwater quarry there, but due to the very low tide and no where to anchor, we just kept going to Merchants Island. We anchored in the cove, and explored the Maine Island Trail Harbor Island there. Rusty and Carey jumped in the cold water this time, and then we set off looking for blueberries along the trail. We picked a few for pancakes the next morning, but most had gone by or were crispy. Christo stayed in Zippy to use our poor excuse for fishing gear (a jig and one or two lures -- no pole) at a good site nearby. Immediately, he caught a small Pollack -- at least that's what we thought it was in his photo.

Upon leaving we headed in to thick fog, with fog horn blasting every 2 minutes, AIS and radar on. It was a fairly easy route back, but with some miscommunication we got fairly near a few islands. Luckily the wind was light and we could easily turn the right way. Not surprisingly, everyone is pretty low key, go with the flow and we really were lucky not to have any real "family issues" given the 24/7 and tight quarters we were sharing. At one point the boys headed off in Zippy to explore Enchanted Island and Phoebie. Everyone truly seemed to be enjoying the adventure and exploration together in this special part of our home.

After we returned and ate supper, we headed outside to watch the bright stars, shooting stars, and in the area of Belfast (far away) where there was a lot of lightning giving us a real light show. Even McGlathery had some twinkling mast lights to add to the magic. What a memorable night lying on the warm rock with the four of us enjoying the night sky.
Comments
Vessel Name: Avelinda
Vessel Make/Model: Ericson 32 - 200
Hailing Port: South Freeport, ME
Crew: Capt Pete and First Mate Carey
About: Peter owns and is captain of Seacoast Tours of Maine LLC; Carey works as 8th Grade Teacher
Extra: We gain spiritual connection to the earth, and rejuvenation upon being together on the ocean. We are excited about our upcoming cruise the coast of Maine .

Avelinda is fixed and ready for travel

Who: Capt Pete and First Mate Carey
Port: South Freeport, ME