Little Boat, Big Dreams

Now, only have Bristol 24 -- Sanderling.

08 July 2022
13 September 2021
11 May 2021
20 April 2019 | Reedville, VA
27 May 2018 | Reedville, VA
14 May 2018 | Reedville, VA
22 December 2017
10 December 2017 | Reedville, VA
03 December 2017
02 December 2017
01 December 2017 | Reedville, VA

Family day on the water...

20 September 2009
Well okay, the refurbishments aren't done yet... Deanna has nicely done combings in her shop just waiting on the indolent helmsman to get off his duff and varnish the suckers, but time is a wasting... so on a nice breezy Sunday, the Admiral threw the old half-decayed combings in the car and we headed to the boat... the helmsman and the grandson (now promoted to navigator) scrapped the lower unit of the motor, the same motor helmsman was supposed to bottom-paint, and headed out for a day sail... We threw in one reef in the main since it was kicking up a bit from time to time and just enjoyed whooshing along... the reef took care of the weather helm we get from time to time with these elderly, and baggy, sails (helmsman has a "new" mainsail just waiting to be bent on, but does he get with it.... noooo...). But the day was sunny and pleasant, we switched roles from time to time so everyone got a little more accustomed with several more boaty things, and when the reefing hook jammed itself in the cringle, it became apparent that the helmsman has yet another chore he must attend to... boy, something defective with that helmsman... hope the Admiral doesn't run an inspection before we get Wings in shape...
Comments
Vessel Name: Sanderling
Vessel Make/Model: Bristol-24
Hailing Port: Colonial Beach, Virginia, USA
About:
C [...]
Extra: The skipper went out and found another Bristol 24 -- this one, Sanderling, is mechanically in better shape than Angels Wings, with newer rigging and motor, but still a small basic boat with no pretentions about high-society.