Adventures with Mariah and Dave

25 May 2009 | Nassau, Bahamas
16 May 2009 | Staniel Cay, Exumas, Bahamas
06 April 2009
17 February 2009 | Snohomish, Washington
12 February 2009 | Norman's Cay, Exumas, Bahamas
01 February 2009 | Norman's Cay, Exumas, Bahamas
22 January 2009 | Rock Sound, Eleuthera
17 January 2009 | Nassau, Bahamas
11 January 2009 | Nassau, Bahamas
11 January 2009 | Nassau, Bahamas
05 January 2009 | Nassau, Bahamas
01 January 2009
01 January 2009 | Gun Cay, Bahamas
30 December 2008 | Bimini, Bahamas
30 December 2008 | Bimini, Bahamas
28 December 2008 | Miami, FL
24 December 2008 | Miami, FL
24 December 2008 | Miami, FL
22 December 2008 | Dinner Key, Miami, FL
21 December 2008 | Somewhere, ICW, FL

The Muirhead's Come to Visit!

17 January 2009 | Nassau, Bahamas
OK so I wrote an entire blog to catch everyone up, and wouldnt you know it, it erased the whole darn thing. So now I am frustrated and not wanting to sit in front of the computer for another half hour, so you might get gyped on some of our action because I dont want to type it all over again. Just bear with me here...

The Muirhead's visit was a success. They arrived with the much needed propeller from Florida on Wednesday. Many thanks goes out to Karen and Mike for spending Monday and Tuesday on the phone and at propeller stores all over Southern Florida trying to find the right one. They contacted Tom, the previous owner, our boat mechanic in Charleston, the manufacturer in New York and many others in between. We were able to pull the boat out on Thursday and get the old prop off and the new one on realitively smoothly. Now our list of projects is even longer because there are several things we need to address underneath like a new coat of bottom paint, cutlass bearing issues and what not. We weren't able to keep the boat out of the water so those projects are for next time.

Karen and Mike were here from Wed-Fri. They got a room at the Atlantis Resort which is definately worth seeing if you ever get the chance. The place is 80% water. Ponds, aquarium tanks and streams are all over the place. There is an incredible clear tunnel you can walk through as fish swim all around you. It's better than snorkeling! There are sharks and rays swimming in the ponds as you walk along the paths. There is also a great water park with slides and a lazy river. But unfortunately a mean cold front came through when they were here so it was too cold to do any water sports.

We found some great eats while they were here as well. Lunch at the Poop Deck with tasty ice cold Kaliks. Dinner one night at the Green Parrot, a dive bar right on the water with wonderful mahi sandwiches. Then an incredible dinner at Luciano's, a seafood Italian place.

While the Muirhead's were here they helped celebrate our first anniversery! Can you all believe that it has been a whole year since all that fun in Key West?! With how the weather has been down here so far this time of year, I realize that we were very lucky to have a beautiful sunny day for the wedding. It could have been cold and windy, no fun for anyone.

Tomorrow we are off to Allen's Cay and then over to Eleuthera before the next cold front comes in. We are sad to leave Nassau because we have met some great people here. But it will be nice to get out of the hustle bustle of the city and back to those pristine beaches where the dogs can run around.

Shoutouts:
James- Sorry we didnt get back to you sooner about the prop. Mom and Dad hooked it up so it ended up working out. Have you been checking airfare lately? I hear Spirit Airlines has some good deals over to here!

Jim Kelly- With all of our fiddling around with the prop, it's not looking like we are going to make it down to St. Thomas by the beginning of Feb. Hope you guys have a great time and enjoy a cold one for us!

Auntie Kim- How are the mountains this year? Have you been getting some snow? I saw a place called Penguins Sports Bar (picture in album) here in Nassau and it made me miss all my fellow Penguins! My legs are all wimpy now without skiing. It's depressing.

Megs- Why dont you write! Miss you!!! Hope all is well up in AK. I want to get you guys down here at some point!

Bethany- You still checking the blog every morning? Ive been lagging. Say hi to Sea- Town for me!

Jeff, Tracy, Bailey- Wish you guys were here! Do you have any plans for getting down here anytime soon?
Comments
Vessel Name: Pegasus
Vessel Make/Model: Endeavour 32
Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Crew: Mariah, Dave, Barley & Hops
About: Dave is originally from Buffalo, NY and Mariah is from Seattle, WA. They met in Lake Tahoe, CA during their ski bum days. In January, 2008 they were married in Key West, FL and soon after bought "Pegasus". They are cruising from Charleston, SC to the USVI pursuing a job using Dave's captain skills.

Who: Mariah, Dave, Barley & Hops
Port: Charleston, SC