Azulita Adventure

450S Lagoon

Vessel Name: Azulita
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 450S
Hailing Port: Cruz Bay, St. John
Recent Blog Posts
16 August 2017

Time of Contentment...and...

Have no fear, Ziggy is here still applies :-)

15 August 2017

On the Seas Again - Alboran Sea

And we're off again! Back to a beautiful day and perfect weather! For the moment anyway!! I think we are giving up on weather forecasts!! No matter how many we look at, they keep being wrong! The research does say that weather is very unpredictable in the Mediterranean West though, and that it can [...]

14 August 2017

A Little SNAFU

Smooth sailing all day yesterday...until about 9pm. Then the wind kicked up and up and up, along with the wave action. Around midnight, we decided it was time to look for potential shelter to ride out the weather. So off we went to find a marina along the Spanish coast at midnight that could fit a 14m [...]

13 August 2017

The Calm After the Storm

What a difference a day makes :-) !!!

12 August 2017

Part II - Straits of Gibraltar - Success!!

So far the wildest ride around a point we've had on this trip, and I think that goes down in history for both of us!! Confused seas, wind over tide, 32 knots coming around the point of Cape Trafalgar. I know when LOML says, here comes a big one, he isn't kidding!! Brace!!

12 August 2017

Part I of the Straits of Gibraltar Passage

We are so excited to be off!! Goodbye Portugal! It’s so good to be back at sea in the fresh air and sunshine!! Beautiful day so far, wind and seas are calm and the sun is shining 😃 Ziggy has the music going, fishing lines are in the water, and we are off! Couldn't be a more glorious day :-)

Getting Ready!!

30 July 2017
The last two days have been all about getting the boat ready to go... crawling through each part of the boat making sure the rigging and seacocks and and and are ship shape and ready to do. Critically important has also been making sure that we have spare parts, filters and safety equipment. The chandlery is the new toy store!



And even more fun for the foodies has been shopping at L'Eclerc, which is hands down probably the best grocery store I've ever been to!! The fresh fish, wine and cheese alone are to die for :-) We certainly will not go hungry for our first multi-day passage on this trip!!





Isabel has already made friends with two girls on the boat next to us at the dock, and Mariano has met a fishing buddy his age to fish and go crabbing with :-) They are all about the adventure :-)

Sunday afternoon though is all about family time. I love that about France. Time to stop shopping and working. Time to enjoy a family meal together, which being on the coast of France is all about Moules Marniere with frites and rosé wine. What a good life :-)



Followed by a walk along the promenade to check out the exit to the channel.



And a walk along the beach and town ... the home of the Vendee Globe! (sailing race)...



so that we could work up an appetite for dinner at the marina before the big day :-)

Comments
Azulita's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 6 August 2017

About & Links