Azulita Adventure

450S Lagoon

Vessel Name: Azulita
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 450S
Hailing Port: Cruz Bay, St. John
Recent Blog Posts
16 August 2017

Time of Contentment...and...

Have no fear, Ziggy is here still applies :-)

15 August 2017

On the Seas Again - Alboran Sea

And we're off again! Back to a beautiful day and perfect weather! For the moment anyway!! I think we are giving up on weather forecasts!! No matter how many we look at, they keep being wrong! The research does say that weather is very unpredictable in the Mediterranean West though, and that it can [...]

14 August 2017

A Little SNAFU

Smooth sailing all day yesterday...until about 9pm. Then the wind kicked up and up and up, along with the wave action. Around midnight, we decided it was time to look for potential shelter to ride out the weather. So off we went to find a marina along the Spanish coast at midnight that could fit a 14m [...]

13 August 2017

The Calm After the Storm

What a difference a day makes :-) !!!

12 August 2017

Part II - Straits of Gibraltar - Success!!

So far the wildest ride around a point we've had on this trip, and I think that goes down in history for both of us!! Confused seas, wind over tide, 32 knots coming around the point of Cape Trafalgar. I know when LOML says, here comes a big one, he isn't kidding!! Brace!!

12 August 2017

Part I of the Straits of Gibraltar Passage

We are so excited to be off!! Goodbye Portugal! It’s so good to be back at sea in the fresh air and sunshine!! Beautiful day so far, wind and seas are calm and the sun is shining 😃 Ziggy has the music going, fishing lines are in the water, and we are off! Couldn't be a more glorious day :-)

Cascais, 8/8-8/10

10 August 2017
Blowy night, so happy to be tucked in at port. Blowing 25 knots, with gusts of 40 knots today and tomorrow !!

Going for morning walk to find coffee and look for laundry, but of course nothing open before 9 or 10am :-) have to love the Portuguese and Spanish way...open at 9 or 10, close for lunch from 1230-230 and then open again until whenever :-)

Also found the 620 Essence again that was behind us in Porto, TouTou. Uh oh, there goes Alan again wanting a new boat!!



Now it's Thu morning, and everyone ready to move on to next part of journey....

Veiga family is off to Formentera, and Ziggy safely landed from Puerto Rico and en route to Azulita from Lisboa airport.

Ziggy arrives Azulita and with a quick hello wave, jumps on the boat, drops his bag and climbs into the sail bag :-) his nickname should have been monkey, not Ziggy.



Meanwhile, we rent the coolest little buggy to go into town and provision for our next passage.



Have to be smart with provisions as we're only go to fit so much in this :-) but how fun to drive, and we might as well have been in a Ferrari for the looks and points we got !!

Along the way, we stop by the beach for lunch and have the traditional Portuguese meal of grilled octopus :-) (just for you Gordon!!)



And now it's time to go have a pitcher of sangria and have a crew meeting to plan Part II of our journey!! Cascais to Palma...





That's right... 743.9nm and 4d10h is what that says!!! We'll see whether we stop along the way in Cadiz, and if so, maybe visit with Jane and Michael... all depends on the weather window and our ability to cross through the Straits of Gibraltar. Not an easy feat!!!
Comments
Azulita's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 6 August 2017

About & Links