Baker Sails

Small town Ohio born/bred guy who joined the Navy at 17 and fell in love with the sea upon first glance arriving in boot camp in San Diego, CA.

31 January 2017 | Chicago
28 October 2016 | bluewater yachting center
19 September 2016 | Cleveland Ohio
01 September 2016 | Hampton Virginia

79 Hunter 30-cruising west basin of Lake erie

03 September 2016
Todd Baker
Started out with a small craft advisory featuring classic Lake Erie washing machine wave patterns, 8 foot white capping waves in the open, and sustained 25 mph winds. Out we went with our buddy S/V Pride (an immaculate 25 O'Day).

1st time crewing this boat and this skipper. Basic rigging but solid body for Erie. Has two reef points with presently only one rigged up.

Northeast winds forced a motor out of Mosley Channel but we conservatively pre-rigged main for 2nd reef and deployed after getting underway for the channel.

Once free of the channel we were able to take advantage of the northeast winds and aggressively dip south of Baypoint Scholl to set a course straight for middle Bass Island on a close haul.

As forecasted the winds and waves eased and we set the headsail and shook out the reef.

Was the best sail of the season gliding through well placed three foot swells sipping beers, listening to @elana_c, and chatting with new friends.

#bakersails
@ahoybaker
Comments
Vessel Name: California Dreamin
Vessel Make/Model: Lancer 27ps
Hailing Port: Sandusky, ohio
Social: