Baltic Amber II

06 August 2014 | CONCARNEAU
01 August 2014 | Sailing Home
29 July 2014
28 July 2014 | Pornichet
27 July 2014 | PORNICHET
26 July 2014 | PORNICHET
17 July 2014 | Quiberon Peninsular
10 July 2014 | L'ORIENT, BRITTANY
08 July 2014 | BRITTANY FRANCE!
02 July 2014 | Concarneau
01 July 2014 | BENODET
27 June 2014 | South Finistere
23 June 2014 | South Brittany
22 June 2014 | France
19 June 2014 | France
17 June 2014 | France
13 June 2014 | Falmouth
07 June 2014 | Plymouth, UK
03 May 2014 | Plymouth Sound
20 April 2014 | Plymouth Yacht Haven Marina

NEW PORT

26 July 2014 | PORNICHET
GALLEY SLAVE
The picture of the Skipper below tells a story no artist could paint (and probably children shouldn’t be subject to either - are they trunks or undies...only Marks & Spencers will know for sure!) It was very hot on our next crossing from Port Haliguen to our next marina of Pornichet, and he said he needed to improve the colour of his body!!!!!! There was very little wind and although we did put the main sail up for about hour we didn’t gain anything from it. The wind is determined has eluded us on most of our trips up to this point.

Lovely motoring and as we turned the corner to give us a view of our next port of call - a 5 mile stretch of sandy beach covered with ants (well that’s what they looked like from the boat)stretched out on the port side and what we thought could be masts turned out to be several blocks of flats (or even a hotel) we haven’t walked that far along the beach to find out; and in this heat probably won’t either.

We are moored on a hammerhead as per Reeds description and an easy place for us to turn around and motor out when we leave...no-one around to give us any directions as to where we should go (arriving at lunchtime means everyone is off duty!). We tied up and paid a visit to the marina office, where the staff were very helpful. Graham came back to tell me the facilities were disappointing - 2 loos and 1 shower! However when we both went for our usual stroll to find (a) a Maison de la Presse (paper shop selling English papers a must for the Skipper) (b) Tourist Office and (c) Launderette (none on site) we passed a large block containing Mens loos, Ladies loos and a together shower block. Extra wide loos, still no seats but comfortable (point score of 4!), so I am happy and its not a trudge either, another added bonus.

The first grocery type shop was a SPAR, not as we know it but close enough and the paper shop a few doors away and Tourist Office on opposite side of the road. Happiness is a Daily Telegraph; clean, quite sanitary block and a good berth and here we have it all.
Comments
Vessel Name: Baltic Amber
Vessel Make/Model: Najad 391
Hailing Port: Plymouth
Crew: Graham & Lesley Chubb
About: Recently retired and about to "live the dream"
Extra: Currently in Plymouth getting the boat ready for long term cruising. We plan to leave in the Spring of 2014. Now going in June 2014, only to return on September for two weeks for our Sons wedding!

BALTIC AMBER II

Who: Graham & Lesley Chubb
Port: Plymouth