BattCat

St Martin - Siint Maarten

28 February 2010
The bad weather continue to blight us in St Barts and so after a couple of days we headed for St Martin where the Simpson Bay Lagoon provides excellent shelter from high seas. A bridge opens up at 9am and 5pm and it is quite a feat to get through the gap and into the safety of the Lagoon and then a real spectacle watching the Superyachts inch their way through! One half of the lagoon is French owned and the food is great and the other half is Dutch (Siint Maarten!) and the food is as you'd expect!

We completed on our new house in Poole whilst staying in Simpson Bay Lagoon and it was a very weird feeling - we really wanted to be at home, pick up the keys and get into our new house! We realised that our last 4 house transactions have been done whilst at sea - these deals are inextricably linked to the sea it seems!

On the night before we left the Lagoon we were shocked to hear that a boat anchored close to us was raided by armed robbers - the owners were ok but they had emptied their boat of anything of value. We felt very uneasy and thought it unlucky to be seeking refuge from the weather only to put ourselves dangerously close to armed robbers!
Comments
Vessel Name: BattCat