The Adventures of the Briclin II

07 June 2013 | Ptown
04 June 2013 | Nantucket Island
24 April 2013 | St John
23 December 2011 | ST Croix
13 December 2011 | St Croix
10 October 2011 | Stowe VT
22 September 2011 | Ocean City MD
18 September 2011 | Ptown
02 July 2011 | Truro
01 July 2011 | Ptown
26 June 2011 | Ptown
26 June 2011 | Ptown
23 June 2011 | Ptown
20 June 2011 | Ptown
14 June 2011 | Ptown
13 June 2011 | Ptown
11 June 2011 | Provincetown MA
10 June 2011 | Ocean

Farewell to Ptown for Summer 2011

18 September 2011 | Ptown
Sunny but cold
Sunday 9/18/2011

It is hard to say goodbye to Ptown! We had the best time there this summer. Sorry for not blogging the entire summer but it was pretty busy! Much of the time we just enjoyed working from the boat, hanging out with Lindsay (which was very cool) and getting together with our friends on the weekends. We actually stayed 81 nights on the boat without sleeping on land. At the end of the August we moved to the North Truro house for a about a month, which was especially nice during Hurricane Irene. We sustained only very minor damage from the hurricane. While there we had 3 of our best friend’s visit, Ray, Bill and Susan and all had a wonderful times laughing and re-connecting. It was great fun.
Yesterday we attended the most beautiful wedding of our friends Malcom and Matt. It was the coolest wedding either one of us had ever been to. It was out on Long Point the furthest point on Cape Cod. A narrow little point about 100 feet wide at the very end of the point, which may or may not be under water depending on the tide. While they were saying their vows people were all standing around on the sand, drinking wine and beer and eating clams and oysters on the half shell. It was amazing. We wish Malcom and Matt the best in their new married life together (yeah Mass for allowing gay marriage). This was a very cool way to spend our last day in Ptown. (Photo above of the wedding)
Today we packed up and headed out to Block Island on our journey south for the winter. WE are actaully going to stage the boat in Ocean City for the remainder of Hurricane Season and then head down to the Bahamas in early Nov. Our trip was a pretty nice as we cut across Cape Cod Bay, through the Cape Code Canal, through Buzzards Bay and finally to Rhode Island sound to Block Island. Only toward the end did the waves pick up to a point that I didn’t really care for, but before we new it we were here. It is about 82 Nautical Miles and it took us about 11 hours.
We are planning on staying until Wednesay morning when a good weather window will allow us to do an overnight sail to Ocean City. Then we will stay there until Saturday and head back to Boston.
So goodbye Ptown summer 2011 see ya next year!
Comments
Vessel Name: Briclin II
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 500
Hailing Port: Road Town
Crew: Bret, Rick, Baby and Blackie
About: Learning as we sail Captain Rick, crew Bret, Baby (cat) and Blackie (dog).
Extra: Rick is a sailor about the journey I (Bret) am a sailor about the destination.

Briclin II

Who: Bret, Rick, Baby and Blackie
Port: Road Town
Site Meter