Bookmark and Share
Mr Bean at Sea
30/10/2006, Singapore

Photo above ..Raffles Marina Pool

No Photo's in Blog, see Photo Gallery

Monday 30th October 2006

Re-arranged the boat, to stow the empty gas bottle, that we will not need for a while, then had a swim in the pool to cool down, really could not survive into it.
We went into Singapore city, at 1015 hours, by courtesy bus and MRT, quiet simply once you study the MRT map etc, got off at Little India. We walked down Buffalo Road, and Sungei Road to Sim Lim Square, Lindy went and did some shopping for house hold goods, at Arab Street , and I went to do some shopping at the giant electronics' centre, and got another charger for the computer, as the other one did not seem man enough of the job, I, also got all the other bits I needed.
Meet Lindy outside the store at 1400 hours, Lindy hadn't found what she had wanted, we had lunch in a Thai restaurant, it was very good, and for the two of us it was 9.
Had a walk to find a Tupperware shop, but after an hour, we started to welt in the humidity, so took to MRT back to Raffles.
Had another swim, and spent the early around the pool with other yachties, , and found out that since the Military Coo in Thailand, we need to get a Visa before getting there, so we now need to go to the Embassy tomorrow.

Tuesday 31st October 2006

We were going to go into the City today, but Lindy was feeling a little un-well, so we will delay it until tomorrow. Really didn't do too much today, I had arranged that a electrician to come, but he did not turn up.
We had dinner with the La Barka's. at the marina restaurant, which is always good fun....

Wednesday 1st November 2006

Went into the city on the 0815 bus, then got the MRT to Orchard Road, where the Thai Embassy is situated. We got there about 0930hours, and was out again by 1130 hours, not too bad.
Did some shopping, for new plates and mugs etc, and got some sheets, for the bed, had some lunch, then got the MRT back to the bus depot . We picked up Lindys new glasses, very nice, then did some food shopping, then took a cab back to the marina, 3, and marina golf buggy pick us up there , and took us and the shopping to the boat, and helped us get it on board.
Lindy wore her top and skirt she brought in Bali, she looked fabulous in it, and we went to the Marina Dinner, given as are send off, from Singapore.
The do was brilliant; we danced, and had a late night.

Thursday 2nd November 2006

Lindy went in to have her hair done, and pick up the passports, I did a engine check, filled up with water, replaced and repaired the hinges on one of the on deck boxes.
I went to the seminar for Malaysia and Thailand, it all seems great, I booked out, paid up, and are all ready to go tomorrow, the flag off is at 100 hours. Looking forward to getting back to sailing.

Friday 3rd November 2006

Left the Raffles marina at 0915 hours, for a 1000 hours start from outside the marina, there where 24 boats leaving at the official time, and we had the traditional race start, great fun. Photo of start and later a yacht pushing his luck crossing in front of a container ship, plonker !!!!
We got to Palau Island 30 miles away, at 1530 hours, we had up to 1.5 knots of tide with us, and for the last hour, we had a lovely sail.
Anchored in 5 metres of water, it was a bit rolly, but we anchored with every one else, I am not sure it was the right place, but never mind.
We BBQed chicken, and it was very good, we are planning to leave at 0600 hours, of our 67 mile trip to the Water Islands, Besar Island, and are hoping for some assistance from the tide.

The Journey
| | More

Newer ]  |  [ Older ]


Who: Malcolm Robertson
Port: Eastbourne, UK
View Complete Profile »

Powered by SailBlogs