|Vessel Name:||Besame Mucho|
|Vessel Make/Model:||Beneteau 36s7|
|Hailing Port:||Dana Point|
|Crew:||Dan and Lynn Hannegan|
|About:||Just a couple that loves to race|
|Extra:||We love having anyone join us!!!|
one of our buddy boats got rammed by a whale and the attacked by the whale that was protecting her calf for 20 minutes after they where thrown from the j120 that sank. coast guard came with in 2 hous freezing high seas. dan and I are staying on the ship, matter what. We feel very lucky to have surrvied the last 4 days at sea. and I think now we could handle anything. Leg 2 starts in the morning. More news if possible from Mag Bay
We just got in from a four day wild race on a ocean that was out of controll. I can't even tell you how big the seas where or how huge the wind was but some storm came down from Oregon. Lets start off with the jib ripping to shreads. Roller furling falling apart, stearing cables breaking, trottle breaking, flag halyard breaking, lazy jacks breaking.... but Dan and I survived. We are alittle tired with four days up and only a cat nap here and there since we are double handing and the wind so intense. Now we stay at safe harbor for two days and do it all again. Hope all is well with all of you.
Oh no.....today we put fuel in the boat AND in the cans. But we forgot about the propane so Dan had to go back over to the filling station for that. All our frozen food fits into the frezer department that comes on the 36s7 which is about 3inches by eight inches. Sometimes it is helpful to be vegans. I just can't figure what else to put in there. All our fresh produce is in green bags in cooler with small amount of ice. Wait a second, let me think.........................Hey, where is the beer????
We made it down to SD by 5:30pm but the kelp started at Torey Pines and continued all the way passed Point Loma. Even when we got into our slip kelp was still stuck on. SDYC gave us a great slip on B24. We took the bus to get the days provisions and got side tracked instead. So not much got done today to get the boat ready for our trip. We met with Dean who races on Vinnmar and he told us how to surrive this trip. We check out auto pilots, radios, and gps and decided to get fishing licsense instead.
We spent the whole day getting race stuff off the boat and cruise stuff on. We are shocked at how much stuff we need to take on this adventure. We are waiting for a call from a fellow Beneteau owner, just like ours. The boat is called Wind Child. Call us if you read this Wind Child. (949) 370-6941. They are coming from Washington. It would be great to see how they set up for this adventure. We contacted Jerry and Karen and invited them down to meet us in Cabo. It will be Jerry's birthday weekend and we have such a good time with them. One week before we leave DP. Keep you posted.