Yorkshireman at Sea

In Europe after crossing the Pond

28 June 2016 | La Linea, Spain
28 June 2015 | Chipiona, Andalusia
25 June 2015 | Vila Real de Santo Antonio
24 June 2015 | Faro, Portugal
23 June 2015 | Portimao
22 June 2015 | Lagos, Portugal
21 June 2015 | Sagres, Portugal
20 June 2015 | Lagos, Portugal
19 June 2015 | Cabo de Sao Vicente
18 June 2015 | Atlantic Ocean
14 June 2015 | Ste Maria
11 June 2015 | Ponta Delgada

The Last Supper and Family Number 4

22 June 2015 | Lagos, Portugal
Classic Portuguese ‘Fado’ Music is a revered art dating to the 1820s. The audience is kept in rapt attention by the mournful lyrics, and the artistes insist on quiet during the performance. I guess this was not the best final dinner invitation for a bunch of sailors who had been across the Atlantic…

Luckily our group expanded rapidly, and the early folk were sat inside, whereas the late arrivals were sat outside the restaurant in the lovely warm evening. Let’s put it this way, there was a dichotomy of experience. Our buddies were “shushed” multiple times in the ‘audience’ of the Fado player, we the folks outside whooped it up for a last party before the crews who had shared so much dissipated, returning home, continuing on, moving on to the last gig.
A big thank you to the crews of White Wave and Bellefonte for making it a fantastic evening, extending to an ad hoc sing song on White Wave later on.

Family 4 was the dynamic duo of crew mate and friend Keith and a bloke from Belafonte who shared a meal and subsequent bill. All taking in good jest. The experience of crossing the Atlantic, shared by a lucky few, both memorable and exciting.

The poor boats subjected to the Fado shush?

Early to bed, and exhausted with the harassment!
Next time folks!
Comments
Vessel Name: Blea Tarn
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 423
Hailing Port: Charleston, SC and eventually Brixham, England
Blea Tarn's Photos - Main
2 Sub-Albums
Created 30 January 2015
4 Photos
Created 3 January 2015
9 Photos
Created 7 December 2014