Blowinganddrifting with Admiral Chrissy and Capt. Dean

We are Mariners, heart and soul, but there is much more to us than that :)

21 December 2012 | Downtown Petoskey Michigan
06 September 2012 | Boyne City Michigan
09 August 2012
14 June 2012
14 June 2012
31 May 2012 | Petoskey Michigan
29 May 2012
21 May 2012
14 May 2012
07 May 2012 | above the 45th.
06 May 2012
06 May 2012
06 May 2012
16 April 2012

Reflection and relaxation

15 December 2010 | Mom's condo Petoskey
Dean up to 24 degrees
I had to borrow this title from Maggie and Chris's blog aboard Oh Be Joyfull, she hit it on the head with it.

Petoskey 21 degrees, Charelston SC 24 degrees, that worries me a little. I hope the boat is ok, it should be, we drained most of the fresh water and I doubt the engine water would freeze with the hull in the water. We will see in a few weeks.

It is good to be here instead of there. I don't think it would have been very comfy hanging out on the boat in that weather. We have been eating good and doing some visiting in the last couple days, lots more to do in the next week or so.

Thinking of our friends that are still on board in that weather on the east coast. We sure hope it breaks soon, and gives them a nice day once in awhile.

We have started to grasp the distance we put behind us, 2100 miles and 133 days aboard. Looking at the charts Mom has kept and the ones we brought home really put it all into perspective for us. Now we can see why we needed a break from the trip. We are feeling quite proud now, as I was about ready to give it up for the past couple weeks. With no warm weather in sight, I was really struggling to travel, and couldn't the last few days. It was so cold all the way to Miami I just couldn't make myself go any farther. It was like going snowmobiling everyday, and without the right clothes to do it.

Sorry I haven't posted any pictures yet, but it has only been a few days here, I will get on it today so you can see whats happening around here.

It looks like all the family except Robbie and Samantha will be here for the holidays, we will be missing them, but they hope to come to florida when Mom has the condo in feb. That reminds me, Mom will be going down earlier than planned, cuz we need a ride back to the boat. We will go down together and she will hop along awhile or just head on down we will see.

More later, Dean
Comments
Vessel Name: Rubaiyat
Vessel Make/Model: 1985 Catalina 30TR (tall rig)
Hailing Port: Little Traverse Bay Petoskey Michigan
Crew: Dean Chrissy and Stella Bachelor
About: We have had a successfull trip from Petoskey to Florida in our 30' sailboat. We have just purchased a 40' motor yacht, and a classic too. Stay tuned to see how things go from here:)
Extra: you can follow and see all my videos on my you tube channel: blowinganddrifting please feel free to subscribe

blowinganddrifting with Admiral Chrissy and Capt. Dean

Who: Dean Chrissy and Stella Bachelor
Port: Little Traverse Bay Petoskey Michigan