Blowinganddrifting with Admiral Chrissy and Capt. Dean

We are Mariners, heart and soul, but there is much more to us than that :)

21 December 2012 | Downtown Petoskey Michigan
06 September 2012 | Boyne City Michigan
09 August 2012
14 June 2012
14 June 2012
31 May 2012 | Petoskey Michigan
29 May 2012
21 May 2012
14 May 2012
07 May 2012 | above the 45th.
06 May 2012
06 May 2012
06 May 2012
16 April 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

28 May 2011 | St. Augustine and surrounding area
Capt. Dean still sunny and HOT
You just never know what you may pull up from the depths :)

Yes, I have been busy !!!!

I know, I know, I haven't posted much lately. Like I mentioned before, it is easier to get up and start fishing than it is to sit on the computer and drink coffee.

Anyway, Last thursday Chrissy and I went crabbing with Brandon at the Guana Wildlife Refuge, it is pretty cool, you take a long stake, tie on a piece of string with a chicken neck or leg tied to the end. When a crab finds it, it pulls on the string trying to drag away the prize. When you see it tugging you slowly slide a net underneath and slowly pull in the string, the crab just will not let go till you lift him off the bottom. That is when you scoop him up with the net. Try anyway, we got all of them that day. ck out the video if you haven;t seen it already.






Then on friday, I went to a Jacksonville Suns baseball game with Troy and Tanner's baseball team. It was fun going to a stadium always is. They are a semi pro team and have won their division the last couple years.

Then sunday we went up to Marilyn and Garys and spent 2 nights there. When we got there, we found out the septic tank was full, plugged or something was wrong. No matter what, it wasn't gonna be pretty!! Come to find out, it has happend a couple times. I went ahead and dug up the access hatch to find the tank completely full, but not overflowing. Can you smell it yet :) Gary brought home a sump pump, you guessed it, we pumped 3 big barrols of liquid out so we could use the toilets (this is sunday) till the next morning, monday when they could get there to pump it out.

The 90 gallons we pumped out revealed the outlet elbow and seemed to be fine. Thinking we were good to go after the pump out, in went the laundry and the showers started. STOP STOP STOP. Not getting out of it that easy!! Still plugged and backing up in the tubs again DAMN.
we go get a snake, shit! not long enough. Back to Lowes for another snake, longer and stronger this time, get back run it all the way to the clog, damn thing is really plugged bad, we cant get the snake to ram through it a bit. How did it ever drain at all we have no idea. A quick call to the roto rooter and he was there in a hour or so. Sure enough he bored through some nasy nasy and kerplunk (did I mention I dug up the hatch again) we heard the mess go on through and into the empty tank. So after Gary stuck his head in the tank and noticed there was no elbow on the tank inlet side, I dug up the other end of the tank to reveal the other hatch, popped it off and sure enough the pipe was covered with solids that must have backwashed into the pipe to plug it up originally. so off to Lowes for an elbow, guess it? yup wrong size, the old one is schedule 20 not the schedule 40 that we bought. NOT GOING BACK TO LOWES TODAY Break out the beer, slide the cover back on for the night and call it enough for the day. Gary took care of it the next day. Later we cooked a massive fish dinner from the pinfish and black drum I had cought earlier in the week. TASTY!!

Back to the boat tuesday with a ride from Brandon, and a couple days on the boat to heal up :)

A keeper Black Sea Bass and some more pinfish have been cought, small sea bass and sting rays have been released, working on another dinner, slowly but surely!!

That brings us up to today Friday June 27th. Memorial Day weekend is getting started, Wendy, Troy and Tanner are gonna come down to the boat and have a couple coldies and maybe catch some fish.

BOMBSHELL: Ruby is going on a truck the week of June 20th. and getting a ride back to Lake Michigan, she plans on taking a well deserved vacation in fresh water and clean wind for a couple months or so.
Keep an eye out, you never know where you may spot her !!!

More later, stay tuned, Capt. Dean
Comments
Vessel Name: Rubaiyat
Vessel Make/Model: 1985 Catalina 30TR (tall rig)
Hailing Port: Little Traverse Bay Petoskey Michigan
Crew: Dean Chrissy and Stella Bachelor
About: We have had a successfull trip from Petoskey to Florida in our 30' sailboat. We have just purchased a 40' motor yacht, and a classic too. Stay tuned to see how things go from here:)
Extra: you can follow and see all my videos on my you tube channel: blowinganddrifting please feel free to subscribe

blowinganddrifting with Admiral Chrissy and Capt. Dean

Who: Dean Chrissy and Stella Bachelor
Port: Little Traverse Bay Petoskey Michigan